The Diesel Stop banner

Evaporator

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  scottmasters 
#1 ·
Had to replace the a/c evaporator at 39,800 miles. Has anyone else had to replace theirs early?

#2 ·
There have been some go bad. Not sure if similar mileage as yours. I would suggest searching the forums for an answer.

#3 ·
I feel your pain, mine is at dealership having the evaporator core replaced. 2012 with 80,000 miles, $1530 + tax! This is the 9th Ford I've owned and after spending $6500 to keep my 6.0 running I swore I'd never own another Ford. I was a Chevy guy for 2 years before seeing my F250 for sale online, I had to have it... In 9.5 months, it has been in the shop 3 times, exaust temp sensors failed, replaced under recall, Exhaust Cleaner Sensor, self corrected, evaporator core, $1530. Not starting out very well for my return to Ford!

#4 ·
No failure here with 90k on previous rigs, and 52k on my 2015.

However, I was having trouble with the A/C. It seemed to just stop working at times, then come back on. I asked dealer to check, and even if marginally low, please fill it up - I would pay if warranty would not. Turned out it had way too much gas in it from the factory. They evacuated and put proper amount back it. Worked much better, even at 110 outside.

Question for techs - could too much gas (I know it's not freon, but it is a gas) cause these to blow out?

#5 ·
Mine went on my old 2011 at 60k or so. A/C pump went too. Probably because I kept adding R4 to it and it ran low...who knows..

#6 ·
After dropping $1700 total at the dealership on the A/C issue, I made it about 100 miles before the check engine light came on, 3rd time in 10 months of ownership. I have spent a few hundred thousand dollars on Fords and Lincolns over the last 15, never again! They definitely aren't producing a quality product in my opinion!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.