FRONT END BOUNCE AT HIGH SPEEDS - Page 5 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #61 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
After new tires (big O AT 20"), shocks, and dampener, the wobble on my truck 95% better. Since I'm tuned into this issue now, I notice even the slightest wobble. Ford replaced the shocks and dampener. I suspect it will return as the shocks wear out again. Not sure if they replaced with the same part numbers or not?
2011 F350 CC SWB - Lariat 3:55 w/20" wheels - Oxford white.
afacey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 04:33 PM   #62 (permalink)

Local Ford dealer replaced my 2011 F-350 Crew Cab short bed's factory steering dampner per a TSB (not sure) with a similar factory steering dampner today and it seems to have cured the problem after 2 hours of driving it and testing. I'll keep an eye on this board to see how others do and if it returns again.

2000 F-350 Crew Cab 7.3
2001 F-550 Reg Cab 7.3
2002 F-350 Reg Cab 7.3
2002 F-350 Reg Cab DRW 5.4 C/C
2011 F-350 Crew Cab 6.7
2011 F-350 Reg Cab DRW 6.7 C/C
2011 F-350 Reg Cab 6.7
2011 F-550 Reb Cab 6.7 C/C
JayALC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #63 (permalink)

So glad I found this thread! My 2011 f250 lariat that I paid 56,000 for shakes like a 3 dollar ten speed! Hopefully I get some resolution tomorrow when I take it in!
Strokin314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #64 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by afacey View Post
After new tires (big O AT 20"), shocks, and dampener, the wobble on my truck 95% better. Since I'm tuned into this issue now, I notice even the slightest wobble...
afacey,

I still have your truck’s details from previous messages, so shoot a PM if you’d like a follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayALC View Post
Local Ford dealer replaced my 2011 F-350 Crew Cab short bed's factory steering dampner per a TSB (not sure) with a similar factory steering dampner today and it seems to have cured the problem after 2 hours of driving it and testing...
That’s great news, JayALC; thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokin314 View Post
So glad I found this thread! My 2011 f250 lariat that I paid 56,000 for shakes like a 3 dollar ten speed! Hopefully I get some resolution tomorrow when I take it in!
Strokin314,

In case you missed my previous post, I can lend a hand by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. So I can do this, please send a PM with your contact information, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #65 (permalink)

Thanks for the help Cory. My truck has been having the wobble off and on after having around 6,000 miles . I love my truck a lot and have taken it as my truck being too sensitive to the road but yesterday when coming home from getting my son it did it as usual but this time I had no way to pull to the side of the road and my 3 year old son was so scared that he stop breathing for a split second. It was not good and now he doesnt want to have anything to do with my truck. I should have had it checked a long time ago but when it first happened I couldn't find a post at all pertaining to this problem. I bought my truck the day it parked on the lot. Mine was one that had to go in for a recalibration of the computer to offer my truck with more hp. I moved to ford in 2007 from gmc and love the toughness of ford( won't talk about 6.0!) but my 2011 is the best truck I have ever owned and I would hate to rethink my decision for ford but if you could have seen the fear in my sons face then you would surely understand! If they can't fix it then I will be in a duramax.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the help Cory. My truck has been having the wobble off and on after having around 6,000 miles...
I want to see this taken care of once and for all, Strokin314. I sent a reply to your PM, so please check your inbox for the details.

Cory

Old 01-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #67 (permalink)

Exclamation Front End Bounce Me too

Quote:
Thanks for the help Cory. My truck has been having the wobble off and on after having around 6,000 miles . I love my truck a lot and have taken it as my truck being too sensitive to the road but yesterday when coming home from getting my son it did it as usual but this time I had no way to pull to the side of the road and my 3 year old son was so scared that he stop breathing for a split second. It was not good and now he doesnt want to have anything to do with my truck. ... .
I have the same intermittent problem with the "front end bounce" on my truck.
I took it to the dealer with about 5300 miles for this problem. I went for some test rides in my truck and one of theirs but the problem did not happen on the test rides. The tech said they contacted a Ford engineer and did what he said. The outcome was nothing was changed or done to the truck. The dealer said the truck is safe!!!
I showed them a video I took of the shaking, via my camera and I also sent them e-mails. No help. The service people said they did not get the e-mail and never responded that they got it!! I don't think they wanted to acknowledge the video or the problem. Posted it on You Tube "Ford F250 Shaking" Ford F250 Shaking - YouTube
The truck still does this shake intermittently and does not seem to be solid on the road when driven at highway speeds.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #68 (permalink)

This is so crazy that it's hard for me to understand why they are not acknowledging it! I almost wrecked the other day and my son will no longer get in my truck with excitement. He is scared shi&$@"$ now! After reading other forums I went to check for high and low spots in tread wear. I have it pretty good! Should never have something like this on a 2011 ford f250. I don't even pull or trailer much at all! My company has a fleet of 2011 silverados with duramax and have had no problems at all! Ford is slowly losing me! If I don't get results soon then I am filing a lawsuit against ford for a reimbursement of what I paid for my truck. ITS NOT SAFE!

Last edited by Strokin314; 01-17-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: Wrong word
Old 01-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #69 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
If I don't get results soon then I am filing a lawsuit against ford for a reimbursement of what I paid for my truck. ITS NOT SAFE!
Look into the "Lemon Law" in your state. If you keep taking it into the dealer (and documenting your complaint), in general they have to either fix it or buy it back. With a lawsuit, you likely will not get your costs paid, so your lawyer will end up with the back axle, a couple tires, and a door or two.

To folks like "TheTimeLord" who post videos to YouTube etc, be sure to include the model year in the title of your video and put in as much detail as you can (like, perhaps, your dealer's name and location) in the description. Just a thought.

Good luck,

- Don
Notice: Anything that I or anyone else writes about my vehicle on this, or any other, website pertaining to modifications or alterations, is only for discussion purposes and/or to gain acceptance from my peers, and may not actually represent anything existing on my truck, and thus, can not and should not be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, whatsoever that may arise for any cause.
deliberate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeLord View Post
I have the same intermittent problem with the "front end bounce" on my truck.
I took it to the dealer with about 5300 miles for this problem. I went for some test rides in my truck and one of theirs but the problem did not happen on the test rides. The tech said they contacted a Ford engineer and did what he said. The outcome was nothing was changed or done to the truck. The dealer said the truck is safe!!!
I showed them a video I took of the shaking, via my camera and I also sent them e-mails. No help. The service people said they did not get the e-mail and never responded that they got it!! I don't think they wanted to acknowledge the video or the problem. Posted it on You Tube "Ford F250 Shaking" Ford F250 Shaking - YouTube
The truck still does this shake intermittently and does not seem to be solid on the road when driven at highway speeds.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Try hitting a dip in the road when you are in a slight left turn around 45 to 50 mph. That would always start mine to bouncing. This is also mentioned in the info the dealer showed me from Ford.
jeffkrgutility is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #71 (permalink)

Exclamation Front End Bounce Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkrgutility View Post
Try hitting a dip in the road when you are in a slight left turn around 45 to 50 mph. That would always start mine to bouncing. This is also mentioned in the info the dealer showed me from Ford.
I wasn't able to do this. A lot of traffic; this is LA!
Note, they had the truck for a week. I let the dealer keep it for as long as they needed it.

jeffkrgutility, the dealer didn't share much information with me except the tech said he opened a ticket with Ford engineering and followed their instructions.

Thanks for the suggestion deliberate.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #72 (permalink)

Talked to my service manager today and he said he had heard about death wobble but not too familiar. And in the next sentence told me they have had a few 250s in for same problem that they have fixed with a new track bar! Bullsh&@!!!! I don't believe a word he is saying. And Cory if you're out there, WHAT HAPPEN? taking mine in today and dropping it off until it is fixed!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #73 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Actually track bar issues will cause this concern and historically has been the major cause on Ford trucks from my experience. Any looseness in the bushing or the ball joint will allow the axle to oscillate once movement has begun. That also applies to the radius arms and steering gear.
Diesel Mentor Directory
ford_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #74 (permalink)

Well, I have been on another forum and a guy is having same problem out of his 2011 f250 and they have replaced track bar twice now with no resolution. And the they tell him to try to keep his hauling of a trailer to a minimum. This is a ford super duty! What else are they made for? Seems to be getting out of hand if you ask me.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimeLord View Post
I have the same intermittent problem with the "front end bounce" on my truck...
TheTimeLord,

I want to offer my help by arranging a call from the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do that, please send a PM with your VIN, contact information, approximate mileage, and dealer name/state.

Quote:
...And in the next sentence told me they have had a few 250s in for same problem that they have fixed with a new track bar!...
Strokin314,

I made sure you’ll be called before the end of the day today.

Cory

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.