The Diesel Stop banner

Interesting phone call

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  badbart 
#1 ·
I got a phone call at home this evening from Michigan. The guy said he was with Ford and was calling in regard to a customer satisfaction survey I had completed. He wanted details on the comment part of the survey where I had indicated there was a problem with the way the transmission shifts. I explained to him that I had been trying to pay close attention to what it does and it now seems more like a hesitation either during or just after the change into 2nd gear. We discussed the details as to when it occurs and when he finished with his questions he told me he had a couple of Ford engineers on the line and he would turn the call over to them at which point a different voice said "you pretty much covered it". I know there are few guys that aren't happy with the way Ford has treated them but this incident tells me that they are serious about resolving these issues.

Until now I thought those surveys were just used for bragging rights in commercials.

#2 ·
They pick the dealer's technicians brains too. The guys in the field and the owners give a lot of input to the engineers on the new models. The dealership that I worked at discovered an issue with the Sync option and reported it to the engineers. I don't remember the specifics, but they ended up with a team of Microsoft engineers working on it for weeks after I left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.