The Diesel Stop banner

Loud Bang & Continouse Loud Noise - Dealer cant look at truck for a month

7K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Signature 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
2012 F350 King Ranch 4X4 75k miles

As I was driving home yesterday, the truck made a loud bang noise and everything got way louder. The transmission was shifting in and out of gear as my foot was on the accelerator and making a loud whining noise.

Truck broke down in the middle of nowhere twice before due to bad exhaust sensors and I feared this might happen again but, to my surprise, it got me home safe and sound.

I called the dealer and she said the soonest available to look at it was June 16. That's crazy! She said Ford has been having tons of problems with newer transmissions.

I paid over $70k for this truck w/ extended warranty and need it to take me to work & pull my boat.

Now what? Almost a month and they can't even look at it.?

Must say I'm super disappointed and I haven't even had the diagnostic done yet, although; no trouble light is on dash. Truck sounds like its gonna blow up and no trouble light.

This may be my last Ford ever.

See less See more
#3 ·
From what you posted I think you have an issue affecting engine performance and that results in odd transmission shifting behavior.
I would suspect something failed between turbo to charge air cooler(CAC) or CAC to intake inlet. Maybe a leak in intake.

#4 ·
This is the most likely scenario based solely on the description. While either CAC duct could fail or pop off at any connection, the cold side duct is known to come apart or melt at the engine inlet. In and of itself a simple repair.

#5 ·
I was so sure it was a trans problem that I never bothered to look under the hood - until today.
Looks like a plastic hose from turbo shattered.
Ordered new part 6C646 assembly ($204) will be here tomorrow. They wont sell that plastic piece separately.
Maybe this is the only problem.
I was accelerating at the time of the loud pop & maybe it just got 2 hot in there.

Saw some aftermarket solutions that seemed to be much better but, don't wanna give em a reason to deny future warranty claims that may arise.

Thinking this wouldnt be covered any how - hope a new hose will get everything back in order.
1 pic i found on the net looks just like my blow up exactly.

Auto part Engine Fuel line Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Auto part Pipe

#7 ·
:thumbsup: Exactly what I thought you would find. What really sucks about this is that the service department could not be bothered to spent 5-10 minutes and assess the vehicle before telling you how long it might take. Most of the dealers in my area including mine stock that tube... I might have had you back on the road while you waited for cryin out loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.