New tsb 13-01-03 help - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New tsb 13-01-03 help

I was browsing around the forum and was trying to find the latest calibration or tsb on the 2011 trucks.


I have terriable shift flares in 2-3 and worse shifting after the truck is warm and i go in to the store and come back out.

Im hoping this new tsb will shed some light but cant find any details about it. Can someone help?
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 208
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
I was browsing around the forum and was trying to find the latest calibration or tsb on the 2011 trucks.


I have terriable shift flares in 2-3 and worse shifting after the truck is warm and i go in to the store and come back out.

Im hoping this new tsb will shed some light but cant find any details about it. Can someone help?
This TSB addresses delayed engagement into Drive and Reverse, although some have claimed it help their shifting. It's all hadrware (transmission pump replacement) and does not include a TCM flast.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf tsb13-01-03[1].pdf (49.7 KB, 454 views)
__________________
2011 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L PSD
Duraflap Mud Flaps
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift wireless compressor
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
frt2599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frt2599 View Post
This TSB addresses delayed engagement into Drive and Reverse, although some have claimed it help their shifting. It's all hadrware (transmission pump replacement) and does not include a TCM flast.
This has helped with my shifting for sure. They did flash my TCM when they performed this TSB on my truck.
__________________
2011 F350 Lariat DRW 6.7L
25' PJ Flatbed Equipment Trailer
2005 XLT F250 6.0L(Wife's truck)
2005 Bobcat T300
gtstang462002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thanks frt2599! where can I get a list like that at? im trying figure out whats different. or a new calibration for the truck to fix the shift flares.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 208
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstang462002 View Post
This has helped with my shifting for sure. They did flash my TCM when they performed this TSB on my truck.
Not sure why they flashed your TCM for this TSB. If a TCM flash is required it always says on the TSB.
__________________
2011 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L PSD
Duraflap Mud Flaps
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift wireless compressor
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
frt2599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 208
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
thanks frt2599! where can I get a list like that at? im trying figure out whats different. or a new calibration for the truck to fix the shift flares.
I believe you can subscribe to some FORD site that contains all the TSB's, but it's expensive. I got this one from someone else on this site when I requested a copy. There are some FORD mechanics on this site that can look them up. What year is your truck?
__________________
2011 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L PSD
Duraflap Mud Flaps
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift wireless compressor
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
frt2599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Its a 2011. I dont have delayed forward or reverse but when i go in a store with the truck warm and come back out and crank it up it will shift funny and the engine makes different sounds. Like different fuel knock sounds. It will only do it that one time and its good. It dont do it cold
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ViperKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Gaithersburg, Md
Posts: 691
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Try using the search function, this thread is just a few down from yours...
2012 F250 Diesel Shift from Drive to Reverse delays-Serious!
__________________
2012 F-350 KR 6.7, CCSB 4x4, Carli 4.5" Pin Top 2.5, prog leaf packs, 1" blocks, long travel airbags, AirLift WirelessAir, 5gal OBA, Amp steps, B&W Hitch, BakFlip F1, Kenwood DNX-9990, JL 700/5, BA Comp, 2-PGold 10", Rigid Ind 20" light bar, 295/65-20 Toyo M/Ts on OEM wheels.

Sold - 2005 F-250 Lariat 6.0 Crew, SB, 6 Speed, 4x4, Wedgewood/Tan
2008 Hydra-Sport 23 Bay Bolt w/ Etec 250
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 666rwhp 600rwtq,
1997 Jeep Wrangler B3.3T Cummins, NSG370 6 speed, Ford 8.8 rear, Dana 44 front, 37x12.50 PitBull Rockers
ViperKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 116
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think autotrader has all the tsbs listed. You can also google the the 2/3 shift flair and the info should pull up. It sounds like you need tsb 12-7-?. There is an earlier tsb out there specific for the issues you are having. When you take it to the dealer have them read the whole tsb because there are different parts and specific things to be done.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 155
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by frt2599 View Post
Not sure why they flashed your TCM for this TSB. If a TCM flash is required it always says on the TSB.
I helps to know the guys that work on your stuff. I always know when they have done a reprogram because my gear indicator disappears and I have to push the + sign to get it back again. Otherwise I would they wouldn't have told me.
__________________
2011 F350 Lariat DRW 6.7L
25' PJ Flatbed Equipment Trailer
2005 XLT F250 6.0L(Wife's truck)
2005 Bobcat T300
gtstang462002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 06:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ford_doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NJ Native
Posts: 3,027
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
I was browsing around the forum and was trying to find the latest calibration or tsb on the 2011 trucks.


I have terriable shift flares in 2-3 and worse shifting after the truck is warm and i go in to the store and come back out.

Im hoping this new tsb will shed some light but cant find any details about it. Can someone help?

The TSB you indicated in the thread title is the wrong TSB for the 2-3 upshift concern.

You want TSB 11-7-10 which addresses: "Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with 6.7L engines and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator light (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more evident or seem worse after an extended soak."

This bulletin authorizes us to reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) and depending on the vehicle's buld date, replace three of the shift solenoids in the transmission.

From your description of what your truck is doing this bulletin should correct your concern as it matches the published issue exactly assuming that your truck is a 2011. Having a little information about your truck in your signature helps those of us trying to help you!

Good Luck!
__________________
.
Ford Master Diesel Technician
Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory
ford_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Frederick, CO
Posts: 101
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
The TSB you indicated in the thread title is the wrong TSB for the 2-3 upshift concern.

You want TSB 11-7-10 which addresses: "Some 2011 F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with 6.7L engines and 6R140 transmission may exhibit a 2-3 shift flare and/or malfunction indicator light (MIL) on with diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P0733 and/or delayed reverse engagement, with a build date on or before 4/11/2011. Symptoms may be more evident or seem worse after an extended soak."

This bulletin authorizes us to reprogram the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) and depending on the vehicle's buld date, replace three of the shift solenoids in the transmission.

From your description of what your truck is doing this bulletin should correct your concern as it matches the published issue exactly assuming that your truck is a 2011. Having a little information about your truck in your signature helps those of us trying to help you!

Good Luck!
I had this done at the end of Dec and it seems to have corrected the issue thus far.
__________________
2011 F350 CC SWB - Lariat 3:55 w/20" wheels - Oxford white.
afacey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
doczenith1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 962
My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have a 2011 with a Dec 2010 build date. There was a TSB that addressed the 2-3 shift flare but when talking to the dealers they wanted to keep the vehicle all day to replicate the problem. Being that I only experienced the problem 3-4 times (1 time is too many when pulling out into traffic) over the course of 18 months I know they wouldn't be able to replicate the problem. Around May of 2012 I got a letter in the mail from Ford regarding this and other transmission issues and was able to have my truck flashed no questions asked which fixed the problem. In and out of the dealer in 60 minutes.
__________________
Al Bedford, P.E.

2011 F350 Lariat, SC, SWB, 6.7L, 4x4, 3.55ELD, FX4, Lariat Int Pkg, 20's

SOLD 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra, black convertible. - 6/2007 - 9/2013

SOLD: 2002 F250 Lariat, V10, 4x4, auto, 3.73LS, SC/SB, camper & off-road pkg. 12/2001 - 12/2010

Link: Fuel Mileage Spreadsheet With spreadsheet open click File then Download if you would like a copy of the spreadsheet.

Link: Rapid-Heat Sup Cab Heater Test Data and Graphs
doczenith1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 2,140
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by doczenith1 View Post
... Around May of 2012 I got a letter in the mail from Ford regarding this and other transmission issues and was able to have my truck flashed no questions asked which fixed the problem. In and out of the dealer in 60 minutes.
Wow, doczenith1! I love hearing about awesome dealership experiences like the one you had. The next time you have an appointment at the dealership, use these coupons to save some cash: Ford Service Coupons and Rebates | Official Ford Owner Site

Crystal
__________________
FORD SERVICE

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 208
My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by doczenith1 View Post
I have a 2011 with a Dec 2010 build date. There was a TSB that addressed the 2-3 shift flare but when talking to the dealers they wanted to keep the vehicle all day to replicate the problem. Being that I only experienced the problem 3-4 times (1 time is too many when pulling out into traffic) over the course of 18 months I know they wouldn't be able to replicate the problem. Around May of 2012 I got a letter in the mail from Ford regarding this and other transmission issues and was able to have my truck flashed no questions asked which fixed the problem. In and out of the dealer in 60 minutes.
Doczenith, What letter did you recieve and what did it say? Did it reference a specific TSB?
__________________
2011 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.7L PSD
Duraflap Mud Flaps
Firestone Air Bags with Airlift wireless compressor
2011 Jayco Octane T29A Toy Hauler
2004 F250 Lariat CC SRW 6.0L PSD (Traded)
frt2599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Wheel & Tire Center

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.