Power post NOX recall - Page 11 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #151 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave67 View Post
...And I'm actually not seeing any drop in mileage or more regens.My truck has been always around 15-16 on highway driving and still getting that and for a crew cab 4x4 dually I can live with that.I'm sure if i would keep a lighter foot on starts and speed i would see a little better but I'm used to the old 6.0 and drove it like i stole it and do the same with this one as well.
I like seeing these kinds of updates, dave67; Iím glad youíre getting the same fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpete View Post
Sad to say, maybe the build date of mid-2011 is a factor - my 3500 dually with 33K miles is rapidly going downhill in the power department, and I think it's evident in the poor to poorer fuel mileage...
txpete,

Iíve been unable to send this up the line without your contact information. I can help by setting up a call from your customer service manager for your region. Please shoot me a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, approximate mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford

Last edited by FordService; 10-30-2012 at 01:52 PM.
FordService is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #152 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just an FYI

MPG getting worse??????

BH
Bounty_Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #153 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I had my truck done about three week ago. I didn't notice any loss of power or more regens but I have noticed a slight increase in fuel milage. I thought this was very unusual because of the change to cold weather blend fuel where I fill up. The big draw back is now my check engine light went on yeterday morning. Here we go!
2000,F250SD,SC,PSD,4X4,SB,6SPD.TRADED 2002 F250SD,CC,PSD,4X4,6SPD.TRADED Both bone stock,NO cackle!Rotella T,Stanadyne performance additive every tank.2 out of 2 an't bad. 2004 F350 CC 6.0 Torque shift,4X4,TRADED. 2008 F350 CC4X4 GAS!!!TRADED. 2011 F350 CC Lariat FX4 Back to DIESEL TRADED. 2013 F350 CC Lariat ultimate 4x4 Ruby Red.
tomallen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 07:19 AM   #154 (permalink)

2012 F250 KR 3.55 ELD

I had purchased this truck as my last one, I just retired. I test drove it and loved it. I took it in for an issue with the backup sensors. While there the dealer flashed it with the 12b33 recall. I have had it in the shop 10 times, two different dealers. I have gotten FORD involved. ( their involvement so far is "can you take a servey") my truck now seems to have lost power, the valves rattle because it will not down shift it stays in 6th until it gets to 39MPH. I live in east Tennessee so everywhere is either up hill or down hill. The dealers say we cannot duplicate the problem. They drive it around the block. I go through a tank of DEF every 3 - 4 k miles they say this is OK. The truck just befor the valve start to rattle the entire truck bounces as though it has 4 out os round tires and rims.
tlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #155 (permalink)

Glass,

I feel for you. Been there with previous "last one," and am glad we have one more option available.

Send a private email message to Cory, with VIV, mileage, and dealer. He will coordinate escalation for you. He works for Ford, and made the posting 3 or so before you on this topic.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlass View Post
I had purchased this truck as my last one, I just retired. I test drove it and loved it. I took it in for an issue with the backup sensors. While there the dealer flashed it with the 12b33 recall. I have had it in the shop 10 times, two different dealers. I have gotten FORD involved. ( their involvement so far is "can you take a servey") my truck now seems to have lost power, the valves rattle because it will not down shift it stays in 6th until it gets to 39MPH. I live in east Tennessee so everywhere is either up hill or down hill. The dealers say we cannot duplicate the problem. They drive it around the block. I go through a tank of DEF every 3 - 4 k miles they say this is OK. The truck just befor the valve start to rattle the entire truck bounces as though it has 4 out os round tires and rims.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:50 AM   #156 (permalink)

Any good news about NOX recall?

This thread is now 11 pages long. The NOX recall has clearly caused some significant problems for some who got it. I suspect it thousands got the recall done and are suffering quietly, but I can only guess that there are many many more that are happier with it than without, perhaps because the "damage" is not as obvious for them.

I have not gotten the NOX done because the serious disadvantages seem to outweigh the minor inconvenience of occasional harsh shifting.

To help get Ford some useful collective information, could each of you with problems respond with answers to the following. I will keep a running score and hopefully with the results Cory can give the engineers more commonalities to look for. Hopefully we can get this done before winter fuel mix enters the equasion.

What model. 250, 350, 350 dually, 450?
2 or 4 wheel drive?
Model year?
Manufacture date (on doorpost or original Window sticker)? (inportant)
Did Ford need to replace the NOX sensor? (important)
Did you regularly use cetane booster fuel additive before NOX?
Do you regularly use cetane booster fuel additive after NOX?
Post NOX, does more booster help reduce the complaint?

Primary reason for getting the recall
Rough shifting always
Rough shifting when cold
Just cause ford said I should
Other (insert text)

How many miles when NOX done?
How many miles now?
How many months since NOX?

Adverse affects of recall check only if significant
More frequent regens?
How frequently before, how frequently after
Did this settlement down after 1,000 miles or so?

Loss of boost when needed?
Always
Sometimes
Can't get above ____ # no matter how heavy the load.

Loss of power other than boost
Always
Sometimes
Under what load etc conditions

Did not fix wierd shifting problems.
Was it any help with shifting?

Other adverse result of NOX recall?

Last edited by JohnD333; 11-20-2012 at 08:54 AM.
JohnD333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #157 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty_Hunter View Post
...Overall I am quite pleased with the performance and economy of this truck. I have owned/driven many trucks from pickups to semi trucks, and for a pickup, this is the best truck to date...
Itís great your ride surpasses the quality of your past trucks, Bounty_Hunter; thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomallen View Post
I had my truck done about three week ago. I didn't notice any loss of power or more regens but I have noticed a slight increase in fuel milage...The big draw back is now my check engine light went on yeterday morning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlass View Post
I had purchased this truck as my last one, I just retired. I test drove it and loved it. I took it in for an issue with the backup sensors...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD333 View Post
...Send a private email message to Cory, with your VIN, mileage, and dealer name/state. He will coordinate escalation for you. He works for Ford, and made the posting 3 or so before you on this topic...
tomallen & tlass,

I want to get your concerns escalated up to your regional customer service managers (like JohnD333 mentioned ). Please send me a PM with what he listed above and include your full name and best daytime phone number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD333 View Post
...I will keep a running score and hopefully with the results Cory can give the engineers more commonalities to look for...
Thanks, JohnD333; Iíll keep an eye out and forward the details up the line.

Cory

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #158 (permalink)

you can not go to a dealership and just say i want the old calibration back. they wont do it. i would not reset the nox module due to problems the first program had. the nox update has fixed most of the program problems. but the pcm and tcm updates might be what is causing everyone to suspect thier trucks now feel slugish. im not sure what programing changes were made to the data but i dont think its likely to affect performance. if you let your truck idle for long amounts of time or you do lots of city driving (stop and go), your truck will not regen due to conditions not being correct to perform a regen cycle. your nox module recieved data from the pcm telling it conditions are correct to run regen. also could be something else wrong, such as engine oil or coolant not reaching operating temp. if those conditions are not met, it will not regen. which will build up soot in the exhaust. excess soot will cause a lack of power. when it can regen, it will do it more often due to excess soot build up. i recommend driving truck long distance every so often to help regen. if you think something is wrong you should bring your truck into a dealership. most of these trucks are still under warranty and your may still be able to buy ESP. i would recommend it because you never know what could happen in the future.

Last edited by FordDieselTech101; 11-24-2012 at 02:29 PM.
FordDieselTech101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #159 (permalink)

F250

My truck has been to two different dealers as much as as I have had it. the only time I drive it is when I am seeing if "this fix's it". I have Ford ticket numbers on alll cases I have. It regens often as my 2008 did. So far the part number to the PCM was incorrect to the as builts, the flight recorder did not record had corrupt data in it. I am at a loss as to what next. I take it back tomorrow to have the data recorder looked at again. I will bet that the 3 files will either be corrupt or nothing there. I still have the same issues.
tlass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 05:35 AM   #160 (permalink)

Up date on the truck. I dropped it off Monday night. Service called 4:00 pm Tuesday and said parts are on order. I called Friday at 4:00pm and they said the Tech was still working on it and maybe tommorow. The service writer could not give any detail as to what was wrong or what was ordered except they were exahust parts.
2000,F250SD,SC,PSD,4X4,SB,6SPD.TRADED 2002 F250SD,CC,PSD,4X4,6SPD.TRADED Both bone stock,NO cackle!Rotella T,Stanadyne performance additive every tank.2 out of 2 an't bad. 2004 F350 CC 6.0 Torque shift,4X4,TRADED. 2008 F350 CC4X4 GAS!!!TRADED. 2011 F350 CC Lariat FX4 Back to DIESEL TRADED. 2013 F350 CC Lariat ultimate 4x4 Ruby Red.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #161 (permalink)

What model. 250, 350, 350 dually, 450? 350 DRW
2 or 4 wheel drive? 2
Model year? 2011
Manufacture date (on doorpost or original Window sticker)? (inportant) Jul 2010
Did Ford need to replace the NOX sensor? (important) No
Did you regularly use cetane booster fuel additive before NOX? No
Do you regularly use cetane booster fuel additive after NOX? No
Post NOX, does more booster help reduce the complaint? Have not tried centane booster

Primary reason for getting the recall: It's a recall, right?
Rough shifting always: No
Rough shifting when cold: No
Just cause ford said I should: Exactly
Other (insert text): Anything to help the environment, right

How many miles when NOX done? About 20k miles
How many miles now? 33K miles
How many months since NOX? 1 year

Adverse affects of recall check only if significant: Excessive regens, especially when towing
More frequent regens? Yes, yes
How frequently before, how frequently after: Never cared before recall, none while towing
Did this settlement down after 1,000 miles or so? No, getting worse

Loss of boost when needed? Less now, no more than 18 psi now, before 22 psi
Always: 18 psi is usually enough, but now more downshifting
Sometimes: (See above)
Can't get above _18_ # no matter how heavy the load.

Loss of power other than boost: Assume less HP
Always: Yes
Sometimes: Yes
Under what load etc conditions: Towing RV

Did not fix wierd shifting problems. N/A
Was it any help with shifting? N/A

Other adverse result of NOX recall? Confidence in next Ford update/recall!
txpete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #162 (permalink)

What model. 250, 350, 350 dually, 450? 250
2 or 4 wheel drive? 4 wheel drive
Model year? 2011
Manufacture date (on doorpost or original Window sticker)? (inportant) April 2010 I think, I'll check later today
Did Ford need to replace the NOX sensor? (important) No just reflashed
Did you regularly use cetane booster fuel additive before NOX? No
Do you regularly use cetane booster fuel additive after NOX? No
Post NOX, does more booster help reduce the complaint? NA

Primary reason for getting the recall:
Bought a tuner and wanted all warranty work done that was available before install

How many miles when NOX done? 25,6xx
How many miles now? 25,8xx
How many months since NOX? less than one

Adverse affects of recall check only if significant
More frequent regens? Not so far
How frequently before, how frequently after: About every 200 miles, I do mostly city driving and don't baby it. So far seems to be about the same but not enough mileage to tell for sure.
Did this settlement down after 1,000 miles or so? NA

Loss of boost when needed? I'm still seeing about 22psi and was prior to the recall

Loss of power other than boost: No seat of the pants power loss at WOT, maybe a little at partial throttle

Did not fix wierd shifting problems. Shifts are a little smoother but feels like transmission slip sometimes which leads me to believe that the Ford transmission tuning is questionable.

Other adverse result of NOX recall? None thus far. Truck drives more or less like it did before with a little smoother shifting especially in the 1-2 shift.

Last edited by Axis2011KR; 12-04-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Axis2011KR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #163 (permalink)

Up date ,the check engine light was code P2043 reductant temp sensor fault. They replaced the DEF tank, and heater sender assy. Had nothing to do with the latest flash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.