seic hookup - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I used the #3 switch on mine. Work's fine.
2012 F350 4x4 Dually:! 6.7 Scorpion Diesel. Tuxedo Black with black interior, front bucket seats. Ultimiate Lariat package. Factory fifth wheel hitch B&W OEM. Dual alternators. Pullin' a 2011 Keystone Cougar 328qbss, and a 2011 Glastron GT205 Run-a-bout.

There's something sexy about a truck with big hips!!

Sold
2002 F250 7.3 4X4 Super Crew Short Bed.

DW like's the diesel so much I had to buy her one.
The "Baby Diesel" 2004 VW Jetta TDI. It's nice but it ain't my truck
jtobbe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Thanks jtobbe for the reply. That's what I did last week, used #3 and saved the larger amps switches for future use.
05 F250 SD XLT Reg cab 4x4 Arizona Beige 6.0L PSD, AT, Advanced Security Group, ESOF, Fog Lights, Stabilizer Package, Tow Command System, Upfitter Switches, Aluminum Wheels, Cab Steps & Super Liner bedliner,Fumoto Valve, Air Lift Air Springs & Smart Air. Traded

2013 F250 SD XLT Reg Cab 4x4 Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD, 3.31Elock, AT, Tow Command, Upfitter Switches, Rear Camera, Aluminum Service Body, bedliner, Airlift air bags with Smart Air.
stewcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
FYI, the SEIC isn't drawing current*, it's just looking for the presence of a given voltage (specified by the resistor value). Any switch will do.

* There will be a small (as in irrelevant) draw because electrons have to move from A to B for this to function, but it's not actually powering anything, just giving a reference voltage.
rforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
SEIC on 2004

Is the SEIC option available on the 2004 F350 6L or can it be modified to perform the same function. I already installed the High Idle Mod for warm ups but I want to use the SEIC to run electrical loads from the engine. I frequently need to charge external batteries or run things on site from a large inverter installed in my truck box and I use the high idle mod for that but I would like to install an isolated secondard battery bank in the truck box to pull power from whenever the truck is being used in this capacity. It seems like the SEIC would be more suited to this application. Is this possible?
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.