Water drain plug on 6.7 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Water drain plug on 6.7

I have drained the canister two times now (1,000 miles on truck)...The first time the valve was very hard to open..I figured it was installed too tight and it will be better next time. Well, the second time it was just as hard to open. I was able to open it and when I closed it, or so I thought, I didn't get it tight enough and it leaked and allowed air to enter the system..So, I re-tightened to a point that I thought I was close to striping the threads!
Anyone else experiencing this?

SOLD: 2001 F250 7.3 PSD Lariat 90,000.
2005 F250 6.0 PSD Lariat 120,000.

528i Bimmer-5 speed
911 Porsche factory wide body
wingfoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Water drain plug for what? Radiators cam out like the oil pan. Fuel/water you should be able to use your fingers.
Nickelplated5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Water drain plug on 6.7

Shouldn't be that hard! I drain mine all the time and it has never been that hard and it is plenty lubricated with diesel fuel?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Rolopolo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (17)
Drained mine for the first time today. No problem.
2013 F-350 Lariat 6.7 L PSD Crew Cab Dually, FX4, white platinum metalic tri-coat with black interior, N-Fab step bars, factory spray-in bedliner and 5th wheel hitch, trailer tow package, integrated brake controller, upfitter switches, Sync with My Ford Touch, memory group, remote start, reverse sensing with rear view camera, nav, satillite radio, Weather Tech floor mats, limited slip diff, moon roof, climate controlled seats, engine block heater and tailgate step.

2014 Lifestyle (formerly Carriage) 5th wheel 38' long with 3 slides & all the goodies.

SOLD: 2005 F-350 Lariat, 6.0 PSD, Torqueshift auto trans, crew cab, SRW, short box, FX4, ESOF, limited slip dif., tow command, upfitter switches, 6 CD changer, Lariat Lux. package, camper package, engine block heater, triple A-pillar gauge set (Autometer) with pyrometer, trans temp & voltmeter, MBRP 4" cat back exhaust w/5" dual wall chrome tip, dark shadow gray/ med. flint interior.
wpetko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.