2009 F350 SD - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 01:23 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 F350 SD

Can anybody please tell me when Ford will start producing these trucks ? When do they generally post on there website that a guy can factory order one ( build & price option) ? I'm looking to order a new truck in the new year ? If I remember correctly they cut off the production year in May and start the next years production in July (another post I read), I will wait til July if thus is the case.
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2009 F350 SD

Does anybody know if it's possible for a CDN to factory order the above truck and get x-plan pricing ? I do have friends and family in the US(In Washington), If that helps any.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)

They will stop building 2008 trucks at the end of June, 2008. After the usual 2 week summer vacation they will start building 2009 trucks in mid-July, 2008.

It is possible for a Canadian to factory order a truck using X plan pricing.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mark Kovalsky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (44)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> When do they generally post on there website that a guy can factory order one ( build & price option) ? </div></div>

Ford usually doesn't update their website for a new model year until a few weeks after dealers should have a few of the new models in stock. So I wouldn't count on that until some time in August.

However, Ford updates the dealer-only info websites much sooner. The dealer should have the new order guides some time in May, and then the dealers can begin ordering the new models some time in late May or early June. But there will be no prices published until about the time production begins in July.

I don't know how to grab a copy of a Canadian order guide, other than simply asking your Ford dealer for a copy, but Bobby Williams usually posts the USA order guides as soon as he gets them from Ford. The Canadian order guides will probably be slightly different than the USA version. For example, some years the Canuks could order leather delete option on a Lariat trim, but the Yanks have never had that option. Daytime running lights (DRL) have ben std on Canadian trucks for years, but not on USA trucks.

So here's a plan if you want to have the first 2009 on the block:

<ul>[*] Next Springtime, before May, obtain an X-Plan PIN. (It's good for a year, so don't worry about it expiring before you need it.)[*]Beginning in May, keep a close watch on Bobby's website at http://www.sunrisefordfleet.com - and as soon as he posts the 2009 order guides, grab the one you want.[*] As soon as the USA order guides are available, then go to your Canadian dealer and ask for a copy of the order guide for the model you want.[*] Inform your dealer that you'll get back to him within a few days with your order detail, and you'll expect him to order your new wheels the first day that the "order bank" opens for the 2009 models.[*] Study the new Canadian order guide and list exactly the model and options you want to order.[*] Make your deal with the dealer based on X-Plan pricing. You won't know the exact price, but you don't need it if you make your deal for X-Plan price.[*] Have the dealer process the order as soon as the order bank opens.[*] Have the dealer call you every time the order status changes. And have him inform you as soon as the price guides are available. He may not receive a priced invoice until about the time he receives your truck, so don't get all wound up over not knowing the exact price. With the X-Plan deal, you'll get an excellent price, but you may not know the exact to-the-penny price until about the time the truck arrives at the dealer.[/list]
SmokeyWren is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the input guys. I know that it's possible to get a pin number from an american and all they have to do is call the call center and tell them that they want to get a pin number for a canadian friend. The only concern that I have is that the trucks in the US are a way cheaper. If you want a laugh go on the ford.ca website and build & price a truck and you will be shocked at the price. A 55k truck down there is like 70k up here. Do I just contact the dealers up here and see if they will participate in the program, I know that program participation is voluntary. May take some emailing to alot of dealers before I find one that will agree.How long does a US truck purchased using x-plan have to be owned by the original purchaser?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

2008 f 350 xlt, c/c, srw, 4x4, 8' box. Diesel w/ auto tranny and limited slip.
CDN US
Base msrp
$43,099 $35,415
-------------------------
$55,404 $45,025
w/options

If our dollar wasn't so strong, I wouldn't even consider buying a truck from the US. The US is such a large market compared to ours up here and they soak us dearly for these trucks. Everybody buys F-350's because they are considered work trucks and there is no luxury tax on them.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CountryBoy72</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long does a US truck purchased using x-plan have to be owned by the original purchaser? </div></div>
Six months.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Mark Kovalsky is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

A fully loaded Canadian truck compared to a fully loaded US truck will save you over $20K when you consier the price difference and taxes on that price difference plus the fact that our dollar is above par. If you want to save big time, check this site. It will give you everything you need to know about buying a US vehicle.

Save money here

Pics

'Everything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about'
LOOSEWHEEL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

LARIAT SERIES, ELECTRIC SHIFT-ON-THE-FLY TRANSFER CASE, TORQSHIFT 5-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION W/OD, 50 STATE EMISSIONS, 6.4L OHV V8 TURBO-DIESEL POWER STROKE ENGINE, 3.73 AXLE RATIO W/LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE, LEATHER LUXURY CAPTAIN CHAIRS W/CONSOLE,(5) LT275/70R18E ALL-TERRAIN BSW TIRES, Silver Metallic / Medium Stone, 4X4 OFF ROAD PKG, STABILIZER PKG, HEATED DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER SEATS, EXTRA HEAVY DUTY 200-AMP ALTERNATOR, RAPID-HEAT SUPPLEMENTAL CAB HEATER, TRACTION CONTROL, POWERSCOPE PWR TELESCOPING & FOLDING HEATED TRAILER TOW MIRRORS, ALL-WEATHER RUBBER FLOOR MATS, (4) UPFITTER SWITCHES, TRANSMISSION PWR TAKE-OFF PROVISION, PWR SLIDING REAR WINDOW, SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO, ENGINE BLOCK HEATER.

The above truck is what I plan on ordering when the 2009's start into production. Hopefully they don't change the order guide too much. Sure hope there aren't any options that I've forgotten lol. Somebody will point it out if I did. I think it's also safe to say that it will be fully loaded

Old 10-10-2007, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Boo to the ESOF. That Silver Mettalic looks good in person though.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

wickedsprint, I have to ask why you don't like esof ?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

More complexity...I'm a good ol' southern boy who likes his manual hubs. The less vacumm operated things the better.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Don't forget the tailgate step, backup sensors and the backup camera. IMHO these should be standard on all trucks.
F250 CC 6.4 4x2 lariat white/gold accent. Tailgate step, backup sensors, backup camera, moonroof, Audiophille system, chrome package, and much more. Ordered 10/9 Picked up 11/15 http://community.webshots.com/user/c...=community</a>
Crodad is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #14 (permalink)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crodad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't forget the tailgate step, backup sensors and the backup camera. IMHO these should be standard on all trucks. </div></div>

Thankfully they're not standard...I don't want that crap on my truck...I know how to park and I am in good enough shape to step into the bed of my truck.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)

Try stepping up into the back of your dually with a chainsaw in one hand and fuel/oil in the other. That tailgate step is great. I personally will also never be without backup sensors and the new camera, they are a huge plus for not alot of money.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.