Electronic Shift on the Fly - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

1999-2007 Ordering Information Discussion of ordering and status of an order of a Super Duty truck. All engine types allowed.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2004, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Electronic Shift on the Fly

I was thinking of getting the Shift on the Fly option. Anyone have any opinions. Also If I dont get the shift on the fly, I will get the transfer case shifter and lockout hubs, do the hubs have an auto setting now or do you still have to get out and lock the hubs in?

Mods: ISSPRO gauges in under cubby pod. MBRP Dual exhaust turbo back (straight piped). AFE Stage 2 Intake w/ Dry S filter. Fumoto Valve. Harpooned tank(pics in my gallery). 33X12.50X20 Toyo M/T. 20" XD Monster's (Black). ARP Head Studs Installed on 12-11-07 w/ OEM Heads

Pics
MPD224 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2004, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: Electronic Shift on the Fly

<font color="blue"> I have had no problems with ESOF on three Super Duties. Others have.

If you get ESOF, your hubs will say auto or lock.

If you go manual hubs, you get the floor lever and the hubs will say free or lock.

If this were just my truck to drive, I would go manual hubs as I like the ability to use 2WD low range for back a heavy trailer around without the front end binding. However, as this is our only vehicle the wife really likes the ESOF so that is what we have. </font>

<font color="red">TRUCK & BOAT PICS &gt;&gt;&gt; </font>2004 F-350 Lariat & 2003 Formula 382 FASTech

Troutly is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2004, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

ESOF gives you the auto option which is nice to have here in NC when neighborhood roads are ice/snow covered and main roads are clear. Someone said here that floor shifter is still electically actuated. I can't verify this but would be worth asking. If it is, what's the point! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
SOLD - 2004 F250 Red CC SB Lariat FX4, 03 Engine, TorqShift, 3.73LS, Parchment Interior, 40/20/40 heated seats, backup sensors, chrome step bars, BrakeSmart controller, Silverstars, Access LiteRider Bed Cover, C-Betr mirrors, Fumoto Valve

1997 F-250 XL Regular Cab 4x4 7.3 bare bones work horse.
dcates is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2004, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

The floor shift is not electronic, it is the traditional transfer case manual shifter. The best thing about the manual system (besides not ever having problems w/esof) is being able to drive in 2wd low range as mentioned above.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)

Getting up on soap box

Do not get the esof. My 03 has had problems both engaging abd disengaging, also a vibration in the hubs. It and the truck have been a royal pain.

My replacement had the manual system. If the weather looks bad I will lock the hubs in and drive. Then when I need 4x4 I grab the lever and go. I can do this stopped or moving. With ESOF you must be moving when you hit the switch.

Go the the 6.0 forum and do a search there on ESOF or hubs. Read - I think that will make you mind up.

Get the manual set up

Now off of soap box

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif[/img]
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] 2004 / 04 F350 CC PSD 4x4 Chestnut Brown King Ranch, Quad Captains, DUALLY [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], long bed, auto, 4:10LS
Goodies added.
Retrax bed cover [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Bed Rug bed liner
KC backup lights
C-Better mirrors
Prodigy Controller
Reese bed rails, bolt on frame install kit
Viair 550C air compressor and 2.5 gal tank
Grover 34 and 36 inch air horns
Pro Flap mud flaps
Autometer cobalt gauges with under cubby pod
Galaxy 95T CB, Wilson 5000 roof mount antenna
DPPI Cat Back Dual Exhaust [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
YODA is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Ordering Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.