DPF DELETE KIT??? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty truck with 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
DPF DELETE KIT???

has anyone done the dpf delete kit on this truck? im thinking that im going to do it by the end of summer
atx512 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Where o where can i find the instructions on how to do this?!?!?!?!?!
Jayybird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

I want to have a clue as to what i am doing before diving into this. What do you do with the sensors? probes? Getting the actual DPF out of there looks simple as it just bolts in bolts out. But the electronic mess going to it is my concern...dont want a mystery check engine light to come on and have to put all that mess back together and bring to dealer and be like...."uhhhh i dont know what ahh happen"...

THanks any info or tips or write up would be mostly appreciated.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

As far as I know unless you have a tuner before they changed them. The new ones only have tunes for trucks with all that intact. IV been looking to and this is what iv foun .
06redzo6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

its pretty straight forward, you are removing an existing pipe and replacing it. Remove the sensors, unbolt it. reverse to install. A DPF Delete pipe will have the spots you need to screw the sensors back in.
2009 F250 6.4 KR CCSB 4x4 FX4 (sold)
2011 Raptor 6.2 Crew SVT (sold at 9,000)
HoustonRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

So the sensors reconnect to the delete pipe???? I have been told the following,

1) disconnect sensors from dpf and tie wrap back
2) only disconnect the sensors at the other end, not to disconnect from the dpf
3) what was said above...

I just got an older HS that does dpf off tuning

Delete pipe on its way

Some say disconnect EGR, others say no, a few say block it...

I am gonna dive into this. Sure hope I don't have a cluster F
Old 02-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
All you need to do is unplug the sensors from the DPF, remove DPF, intall delete pipe, tune truck. We put electrical tape over the connectors on the truck so they don't corrode. Had no problems on re-install when I sold the truck.

I think your install will be pretty easy, just hopefully nothing happens to the truck once it's done. Deleted 6.7's are notorious for puking turbos.

Past Toys:
2012 Ram 3500 CCSB, 4x4 6.7 Cummins, G56 6 spd

2011 F-250 CCSB, 4x4, 6.7L, 3.31 E-Locker

2009 F-250 CCSB, 4x4, 6.4L,Torqshift, Spartan

2009 Dodge 2500 QCSB, 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, 6 spd,

2007 Chevy 2500HD Classic, CCSB, 4x4, Duramax LBZ, Allison 1000, 4" MBRP Cat Back, Diablosport Predator, Edge Insight

2005 F-250 CCSB, 4x4, Torqshift, 4" Cat Back

2004 F-250 CCSB Fx4, 6spd, Bully Dog Intake, Banks 4" turbo back, Edge Juice

2002 F-250 SCSB, 6spd, AFE Intake, ATS Turbo Back Duals, B&D 60hp chip
luke0204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the input!! Puking turbos...excess heat due to a heavy foot I suppose? Y'all recomend a pyro?
Old 03-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke0204 View Post
All you need to do is unplug the sensors from the DPF, remove DPF, intall delete pipe, tune truck. We put electrical tape over the connectors on the truck so they don't corrode. Had no problems on re-install when I sold the truck.

I think your install will be pretty easy, just hopefully nothing happens to the truck once it's done. Deleted 6.7's are notorious for puking turbos.
I've been following all of the DPF delete posts as I will probably do this before my summer trip. However, I don't want to destroy anything. So, what is a 'puking turbo' and what exactly causes it?
2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins, AirLift Air Bags, BedLocker electric bed cover, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, US Gear Underdrive Auxillary Transmission
clev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (18)
Generally when a turbo fails the turbo shaft oil seal fails and "pukes" oil into the exhaust pipe. If not caused by running the engine without oil pressure (ie starting with an empty oil filter) the failure is usually caused by over pressure, over reving, or over heating the turbo.
A tuned engine removes the safegaurds to prevent this from happening.

2011 F350 PSD Lariate, CC, 4x4, LB, DRW. Air Bags,

2013 Lifestyle LS37RESL 5th Wheel

Last edited by fulltimer50; 03-10-2013 at 12:32 PM.
fulltimer50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks Fulltimer. I definitely don't have a heavy foot, always wait a about 15 seconds after turning on the key to start, and am overcautious about approaching 1250 on the Pyro. Where does the over pressure come from?
2012 F-350 SD Crew Cab, SRW, LWB, 4 X 4, FX4 Offroad, Bilsteins, AirLift Air Bags, BedLocker electric bed cover, White Platinum w/Adobe, Navigation, Moon Roof, 5th Wheel Prep, Step Tail Gate, King Ranch Package

'99 E-350 HiTop Companion Van Conversion, 7.3 SD Diesel, 5-tune DP Tuner, Triple AutoMeter C2 A-pillar gauge pod, twin K&N's, 203* mod, Deraler tubed trannie pan, B&M trannie cooler, AirLift air bags, Bilsteins, 4" DiamondEye turbo back exhaust, US Gear Underdrive Auxillary Transmission
Old 03-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

More pressure = more air = more power. Old systems had a pop off valve that determined max pressure. You've got a variable vane turbo, it can be commanded to produce more pressure rather than change the pop off valve. Go read the other thread too.
Nickelplated5s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks, Nickle; but you lost me.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

I did mine when it had 10 miles on It I now have 21000. No problems the only failure has been the radiator LEAKING.
Knoxville TN.
svomach is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Thanks, Nickle; but you lost me.
Part of the way they make more HP with a tuned engine is to produce higher pressure with the turbo. If you watch your turbo gauge you almost never exceed 20 psi of pressure. A tuned engine will push that pressure higher. I don't have a tuned truck, so I can't say how high the tunes push it, But for this discussion, Lets say they go as high as 30 psi. Back in the old days, You had a wastegate that opened when you developed too much pressure. With the new variable vane turbos, the pressure is controlled more with the vanes instead of the wastegate. The tuners have the ability to program the vanes to hold pressure higher.

Hence the risk of a puking turbo.

http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/59436.png
Painted Horse is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.