The Diesel Stop banner

Edge Insight CTS & CTS2 Upgrade to programmers

15K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  hunts4fun64 
#1 ·
When updating the CTS2 I purchased recently and the CTS I have sold, Edge Fusion Software has a pop-up that lets you know you can upgrade your CTS/CTS2 to a programmer. I contacted Edge and the cost is $150 for a gasoline vehicle and $250 for a diesel truck.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#2 ·
Hi larrgh. I'm not sure that I understand your question. I have the Edge Evolution CTS and it is a Programmer with loaded tunes. I programmed my truck with those tunes last year, but now only use it for the gauges.

#4 ·
I kinda thought that, but wasn't sure.

#5 ·
Yes, it means you can update the Insight CTS via software to make it a tuner and pay the fees for that option.

#6 ·
Well either way, it still makes no sense. The cts2 Insight is around $400 and the Evolution CTS2 is less ~$600; the CTS is even cheaper.

#7 ·
I got a used Insight CTS2 off eBay for 300 that works great.

#8 ·
Has anyone tried the Insight CTS upgrade as a programmer?

I have had my Insight CTS monitor on my Ford F250 with a TS 6 position switch tuner but recently bought a 2006 Dodge 2500 with the 5.9l Cummins and I put the Insight in it and plan on buying a EFIlive programmer. But if I can update my CTS to program and everything works ok that sounds like an option I might use.

My question is, has anyone upgraded the CTS to a programmer and if so how do you like it?

Thanks

#9 ·
No, have not up graded. Think the fee is $250 to upgrade. Any particular reason you want the tuning ability? With the new regen strategy for the PCM, I got 19.5mpg yesterday on a trip of 400 miles with 100 mile of some in town driving and one regen prior to the 400 road miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.