The Diesel Stop banner

First Diesel please help

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jdanielm1 
#1 ·
I have a 2013 f250 6.7. Absolutely love this truck!! My question reguarding the egr and dpf delete. I currently own a business and am always towing, typically between 3k and 7k. So obviously I want this truck to last till 300k if possible. Currently it is almost at 100k and out of warranty. I am seriously considering deleting the truck because of all the benefits, but my concerns are will I damage anything by towing in a tune? What tuner would suite me best? I think the added horsepower is cool but honestly I am in in for the health of the truck. I am trying to do everything I can to prevent big problems. Oil is changed every 4-5k using t6 and just recently started using archoil. Fuel filters replaced regularly, and transmission flushed twice already. Soon I am doing my coolant and dif fluids. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated, I have learned so much on here already, thanks!!

#2 ·
I've used the Punch it Performance PIPMAX tuner and now have a mini maxx. I like the mini maxx better by far but both would be suitable to your needs and both offer a "stock" deleted setting that yields no extra power or torque. That's where I'm at most of the time but occasionally put it in tow and even less often on street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
A good tow tune does not have big HP/TQ increases to prevent overheating while towing plus shift should be improved as well. Since I have emissions on tuning, I can't help you with who to go with on delete tunes. From what I can tell, delete tunes tend to be expensive because of the possibility of a lawsuit.

#4 ·
Go to DieselOps.com. They sell packages and removes all the guess work. They also send decent instructions on how to remove everything and install the replacement parts. It's well worth the money and considering H&S made 900 hp and 1600 ft lb of torque on a 6.7 with stock internals... there isn't much you can do to hurt this truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.