The Diesel Stop banner

FORD AUX AUXILIARY IDLE CONTROLLER APCM

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ford_doctor 
#1 ·
I installed on my 2000 Excursion a FORD AUX AUXILIARY IDLE CONTROLLER APCM. I removed it when I sold it.

Can it be installed on my 2015 f250? Anybody Know how to splice it in ? Excursion required splicing into the twisted Data wires.

Thank you

Duncan

#2 ·
No. That idle controller will not work on your truck in any way shape or form. Place it on your desk and use it as a nostalgic paper weight.

There are many threads on elevated idle control using your upfitter switches if you have them.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
#3 ·
I didn't expect it would be possible, but thought I would ask anyway.
Thank you for your response.
DUNC

#4 ·
You know, the funny thing is, and I have discussed this elsewhere, with all the technology and features built into these trucks, why do Ford truck owners HAVE to use wiring modifications to accomplish this? it could simply be added to the instrument cluster as a setting. It can also even be a more simple thing that that. In the medium duty trucks the cruise control buttons control idle speed with the vehicle in park. Now the was it's currently set up actually does have advantages and uses for various upfitter situations where charge protection and PTO operation is also used in conjunction with idle speed. I would guess that if we had statistics on this most Ford truck owners could simply make use of the dash or the cruise control buttons. And life would be much simpler.

#6 ·
----In the medium duty trucks the cruise control buttons control idle speed with the vehicle in park----
Do I have this right????...on an f350,in park,cruise control buttons control idle speed....simple as that????...if so,why are guys using the upfitter switches??.

#10 ·
I was told by Ford not idle my 2012 F-350 6.7. That I needed an idler. OK so tell me what i need so I can idle my truck. I live in west Texas where it's dang hot & i'm in my truck sitting a lot ! Need help please ! Thanks in advance !

#11 ·
#12 ·
I'm, a dummy. That's over my head ! Can you tell me in lamens language ????

#13 ·
There is no "plug 'n play" SEIC/Elevated Idle Controller like in the older Trucks. You will need to connect a resistor or a potentiometer into the PTO circuitry and a power source (normally one of the Upfitter switches) to get the idle up function.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas/non-html/Q180R3.pdf

#15 ·
Or find someone who can do it for you... or ask your sealer to do it. I have done a few for customers/municipalities.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.