FORD AUX AUXILIARY IDLE CONTROLLER APCM - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty truck with 6.7L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.7L Power Stroke engine.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ford_doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (16)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FORD AUX AUXILIARY IDLE CONTROLLER APCM

I installed on my 2000 Excursion a FORD AUX AUXILIARY IDLE CONTROLLER APCM. I removed it when I sold it.

Can it be installed on my 2015 f250? Anybody Know how to splice it in ? Excursion required splicing into the twisted Data wires.

Thank you

Duncan

2015 F250 PLATINUM CCSB 4X4 All options
2017 5th Wheel Primetime Crusader 31RST. Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 18K Autoslide

SOLD DEC 13/14
Y2K X Ltd 4X4 PSD.Estate Green all options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2017, 11:24 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
No. That idle controller will not work on your truck in any way shape or form. Place it on your desk and use it as a nostalgic paper weight.

There are many threads on elevated idle control using your upfitter switches if you have them.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (16)
I didn't expect it would be possible, but thought I would ask anyway.
Thank you for your response.
DUNC

2015 F250 PLATINUM CCSB 4X4 All options
2017 5th Wheel Primetime Crusader 31RST. Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch 18K Autoslide

SOLD DEC 13/14
Y2K X Ltd 4X4 PSD.Estate Green all options.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2017, 10:49 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
You know, the funny thing is, and I have discussed this elsewhere, with all the technology and features built into these trucks, why do Ford truck owners HAVE to use wiring modifications to accomplish this? it could simply be added to the instrument cluster as a setting. It can also even be a more simple thing that that. In the medium duty trucks the cruise control buttons control idle speed with the vehicle in park. Now the was it's currently set up actually does have advantages and uses for various upfitter situations where charge protection and PTO operation is also used in conjunction with idle speed. I would guess that if we had statistics on this most Ford truck owners could simply make use of the dash or the cruise control buttons. And life would be much simpler.
larrgh likes this.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 08:21 PM

My Photos: (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to pipeliner345
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
You know, the funny thing is, and I have discussed this elsewhere, with all the technology and features built into these trucks, why do Ford truck owners HAVE to use wiring modifications to accomplish this? it could simply be added to the instrument cluster as a setting. It can also even be a more simple thing that that. In the medium duty trucks the cruise control buttons control idle speed with the vehicle in park. Now the was it's currently set up actually does have advantages and uses for various upfitter situations where charge protection and PTO operation is also used in conjunction with idle speed. I would guess that if we had statistics on this most Ford truck owners could simply make use of the dash or the cruise control buttons. And life would be much simpler.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 F-350 6.7 CC DRW 4X4
2011 40' stoneridge 5'er
2011 21' shallowsport bahia
2008 F350 6.4 CC DRW 4x4 ---sold good truck
2003 F350 6.0 CC DRW 4x4 ---sold (POS)
1999 F250 7.3 CC SRW 4x4 ---sold best one YET!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > 6.7L Upgrades and Aftermarket - Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.