The Diesel Stop banner

MPG

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Justin@DP-Tuner 
#1 ·
I have 2015 F250 what can I do to get an increase in MPG??

#2 ·
What are some specifics about your truck? 4x4? Lifted? What kind of mileage are you getting? What is the gear ratio in the rear end? What is your driving style?

#3 ·
Rob, Larry's questions are valid...without more info, a realistic call cannot be made.

Having said that, gear ratios are probably the biggest factor outside of CAT/DEF/DPF restrictions. A diesel engine is a big pump, so make it easy to SUCK and BLOW and it will operate more efficiently.

I put a CAI and DPF back exhaust on a 2015 F350 XLT CC LB 4x4 with 3.31:1 gears...gained about 4mpg so far (stock 14mpg, post mods 17.5mpg. This is all hilly twisty two lane 55-60mph plus in town short runs). Full delete, including EGR would likely put me up into the 20s. Open western interstate numbers coming in late April.

Truck has 24,000mi on the clock, lots of warranty left...2 yrs or so. After that? It's delete time!

#4 ·
Intake is a good upgrade on these trucks. Most see a noticeable difference in throttle response and sometimes in mileage. I prefer the S&B intake kit myself. We have a lot of customers running those...

S&B Intake for 11-16 6.7L # 75-5053 - Air Intakes - 2011 - 2016 F250/F350 Super Duty 6.7L - Ford Powerstroke

You can also tune it if you would like. You may see a mileage gain with that as well. It is not guaranteed, but is pretty common. We can help you out here too.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you are interested. I would be happy to get you setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.