Adding factory Nav to CC - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

'11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adding factory Nav to CC

I've got a 2012 F550 CC XL on its way. It has every available XL option but not factory nav. It has sync and the steering wheel controls. Can I install a factory nav radio in this truck? If so, what if anything besides the unit will I need? I'd love to add a backup camera on this as it will have a 16' box so rear visability will be limited.
Thanks

2011 F250 CC Lariat Ultimate, Royal Red/Pale Adobe, 18" wheels, 3.31 locker, 172"WB factory Nav/Sync,etc.

Also have a 1997 F450 7.3 XLT with 14' box, Hypertech programmer
1987 F350 6.9 Banks Sidewinder, 12' box
Still going at 200K+
Traded:08 F250 CC 4x4 Lariat, 172"WB
Traded:01 F350 CC 4x4 Lariat, 172"WB
SCORPIO26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I would suggest instead of trying to install a factory navigation system, that you go with one of these instead. Kenwood - DNX7190HD

With this unit you can also add a iDatalink module which integrates your Sync with the head unit. You can also add a backup camera to this unit. This would probably be much simpler and cheaper than buying a factory navigation system.

If you're set on getting a factory navigation system, the guy mentioned in this thread might be able to help you out. Added navigation thanks to a fellow member

Last edited by madsonp; 11-08-2012 at 09:23 PM.
madsonp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

I understand the cost of a factory uint is high and the Kenwood units are very good. BUT if I had a factory head unit from a 2011, would it fit and operate in the 2012 CC? Truck currently has the AM/FM single CD radio, sync, and steering wheel controls.

2011 F250 CC Lariat Ultimate, Royal Red/Pale Adobe, 18" wheels, 3.31 locker, 172"WB factory Nav/Sync,etc.

Also have a 1997 F450 7.3 XLT with 14' box, Hypertech programmer
1987 F350 6.9 Banks Sidewinder, 12' box
Still going at 200K+
Traded:08 F250 CC 4x4 Lariat, 172"WB
Traded:01 F350 CC 4x4 Lariat, 172"WB
SCORPIO26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
It would fit, however there maybe differences in the wiring, that's why I suggested trying to contact that guy I mentioned before, he sounds like an expert when it comes to up-grading to a factory Nav system
madsonp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Like I said in the thread linked to get ahold of sredmyer it will save you a lot of trouble. I'm pretty sure you can add nav to an xl. I don't remember what all the parts are he sent me but its more then just the radio, you need an amp and a couple harnesses also to get it all working and the radios are programmed depending on what options you have so you might get lucky and you might not. For what I paid for everything I needed, instructions, and help with a few questions the cost was actually cheaper or the same as I've seen people paying on ebay for just the head unit.

As far as factory vs aftermarket I'm partial to the factory system. I like how its all integrated and I like the way sync works. Also I had looked at a kenwood system and by the time I bought the head unit and all the modules to integrate the steering wheel controls and sync the cost was the same or higher.
ndmtnsledder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
echo the comment about Steve Redmeyer.

He helped me put 2010 NAV in my truck.
Traded March 2013
2008 F450 CC Lariat White/Gold, JAD Solutions Lights, 62 Gal Titan, B&W Hitch, Gold Remote Start, TruckTrunk box, Viair 550+2x2.5gal receiver, 2010 NAV and Sync
---------------------
Traded In Nov 07:
2003 F250 CC LB XLT 4x2 PowerStroke, Captains Chairs, White/Parchment, Torqshift, Heated Mirrors, Trailer hitch
guardrail22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.