Cargo lights - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

'11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cargo lights

Anyone tried these out yet? Recon 26417 Universal Cargo Area Bed Rail Light Kit | TruckandWinch.com

Considering putting some in, but also thinking they could be useful as lower side lighting on the 5th wheel if I run it back from the upfitter switch.

Just wondering if people like them and what the cord length/connectors are like, since there are no photos of that on the site.

Thanks
rforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I'm going to put some of these in mine, I'm going to mount them on top of the window frames of the side windows on my topper, but you could mount them under the bed rail also. What I like about them is you can cut them to length.WFLS-x-BK series Weatherproof High Power LED Flexible Light Strip - Black Circuit | LED Strips | LED Light Strips & Bars | Super Bright LEDs I'm going to wire them up to one of these that'll be mounted to the topper door so when the doors open the light's will come on automatically http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2419297

Last edited by madsonp; 12-31-2012 at 06:50 PM.
madsonp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

I looked at those when I wanted bed lights, thought they were too pricey.
I ended up using two 18" strip LEDs that I bought from a motorcycle vender at the NYC bike show, $18 each.

They are adhesive backed. I stuck 2 of them to a 1/2" piece aluminun angle and then stuck that up under the bed rail.
Put a switch in a small box by the tailgate to operate it. I pull power form a power supply I already have in the tool box.

The two strips on one side light up the entire bed fairly well.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nice! Thanks for the info.
rforsythe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
Santa brought me these sweet lights ($60) with 8 lights (4 lights for each side of the bed):

8pc Truck Bed LED Lighting Kit

These look brighter to the eye in person then the video can show.

Eric
Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
I'm going to put some of these in mine, I'm going to mount them on top of the window frames of the side windows on my topper, but you could mount them under the bed rail also. What I like about them is you can cut them to length.WFLS-x-BK series Weatherproof High Power LED Flexible Light Strip - Black Circuit | LED Strips | LED Light Strips & Bars | Super Bright LEDs I'm going to wire them up to one of these that'll be mounted to the topper door so when the doors open the light's will come on automatically Directed 8600 Magnetic Micro Switch : Micro Switches | RadioShack.com
I got them installed today, they look great and the switch works real good.

Last edited by madsonp; 01-05-2013 at 09:14 PM.
madsonp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #7 (permalink)

I installed something similar on my father's F350, I used "5m 3528 smd 300 led" strip sourced from ebay (usa shipper) for under $20, added some 22 awg red/black "zip cord" wiring (soldering required) and with the one 5 meter roll added light to the 8' bed in two 30" runs per side and two 2'(ish) per side under the crew cab's doors for puddle lights.
Measurements may be off in my head, so measure it out if you try to duplicate this...

Tied the wiring in for both the bed and puddle lamps to the running board light plug on the frame rail.

If I remember to I'll get some photos of the light if anyone wants to see.
Custom~ fabbed rear bumper, tarp gantry, rear warning led setup, SEIC & rear strobe control panel (in the drivers side powerpoint trim)
And more to come

'99 F350 XLT CC LB 4x4 dually 7.3, Dents build character 408,000ish miles on the clock (2nd motor)
'93 Exploder Sport, 5.0 swap, 4r70w+Baumann TCS, Atlas 2 T-case 3.8:1 twin stick, Narrowed D44 '79 f150 solid axle swap, bunch o other junk...
'69 Ford rust bucket, err Bronco, "resto"/mods in the planning stages
Wolf451 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Had the recon lights installed a couple weeks back they work great especially under the retrax cover I have they are wired to come on with the interior lights
2012 F250 Lariat 6.7 Golden Bronze 4X4, MBRP Filter Back Duals, Alpine INE-Z928HD, Focal Amp and Speakers and a ton of Dyno Mat, RetraxPro, Clifford Alarm Recon smoked marker/clearance lights, HID Headlights, Rigid D2 Driving Lights (in fog location), Bilstein 5160 shocks,Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar, Pro Comp 2 Inch Nitro Leveling Kit, Fuel 22" Maverick Wheels , Nitto 325/50R22 Terra Grappler, Westin Bull Bar

Protected by H&KUSP and friends

2006 Hummer H2 (traded for diesel hope never to go back to the dark side (gas)
2005 F250SD SB 4X4 6.0 Harley Edition (traded)
2003 7.3 F350 DRW 4X4 (traded)
2001 7.3 F250 4X4 (traded)
Steve Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulinCamp View Post
Santa brought me these sweet lights ($60) with 8 lights (4 lights for each side of the bed):

8pc Truck Bed LED Lighting Kit

These look brighter to the eye in person then the video can show.

Eric

Those look real good.

08 F-450 4.30 Gears, SCT Livewire with Custom Tunes, AFE Intake, DPF Delete, 5 Inch Exhaust, 8 Inch Fabtech with Bilstiens, 22' Wheels with 37' Toyo M/T, Amp Steps.

11 F-450 Amp steps, hid's, H&S, 5' exhaust, full delete, recons, and............
carter99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.