Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

'11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform

Well, after all the discussion about swapping the under seat storage box for the fold out shelf from the earlier year models, and having acquired one and installed it, I went on the search for a dog bed to fit. Not having much success I ran across a business in California, Big Dog Beds, which is owned and run by a gentleman named Woody. Woody worked with me over the phone and I provided him the exact dimensions to build a bed and a bed did he build. I am attaching pictures of the bed and the lucky Lady who is enjoying it. I would highly recommend Woody and Big Dog Beds should you be looking for the Cadillac of Dog Beds. Note the appropriate cutouts for the seat infrastructure so the bed is secured as well as custom fitted to the environment. Woody's site is Dog Beds - Dog Furniture - Orthopedic Dog Beds - Memory Foam Dog Bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform-dogbed-1.jpg   Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform-maggie-2.jpg   Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform-maggie-1.jpg   Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform-dogbed-2.jpg   Dog Bed for the Rear Seat Fold Out Platform-img_2712.jpg  

2011 F-350 Lariat FX4 Crewcab, SRW, LB Two-Tone Golden Bronze Metallic/Pale Adobe Metallic, Adobe Leather Interior, 6.7L, 3.55 elocker, 20" Michelin LT275/65R20E Tires, 11500# GVWR, Lariat Ultimate Package, 5th Wheel Prep Pkg, Engine Block Heater, ARE Tonneau Cover, Tailgate Step, Universal Garage Door Opener, Upfitter switches, Navigation Radio, Ranchhand Bumpers front and rear, Ford Vent Visors

Last edited by jriltex; 05-07-2011 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Resolving rotation of pictures
jriltex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Holly geez that is huge. My dog would not know what to do. I just bought him a cheap $20 seat cover for the back seat. Good looking dog.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Would you mind posting the price or PM'ing me. I just saw this and showed my wife and she was all for it. We have a boxer and 2 maltese and this would be great for them.
2008 Mercedes GL450 Loaded (Wifes Car) Black
mmomega is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepersilverado View Post
Holly geez that is huge. My dog would not know what to do. I just bought him a cheap $20 seat cover for the back seat. Good looking dog.
Sleeper...Thanks for the compliment...Maggie is the queen of my roost for sure!

Would you mind posting the price or PM'ing me. I just saw this and showed my wife and she was all for it. We have a boxer and 2 maltese and this would be great for them.[/quote]

MMOMEGA, I would recommend you send an email to Woody and let him know what you want. He is super to work with and very responsive. He has his phone number on his web site and answers 7-7 PST Mon thru Sat. He has a multitude of fabrics to choose from. This particular one that I decided to use was the Crypton material, shown on his website, which is waterproof and eco friendly. He now has the pattern and you can see the fit is pretty darn good.
2011 F-350 Lariat FX4 Crewcab, SRW, LB Two-Tone Golden Bronze Metallic/Pale Adobe Metallic, Adobe Leather Interior, 6.7L, 3.55 elocker, 20" Michelin LT275/65R20E Tires, 11500# GVWR, Lariat Ultimate Package, 5th Wheel Prep Pkg, Engine Block Heater, ARE Tonneau Cover, Tailgate Step, Universal Garage Door Opener, Upfitter switches, Navigation Radio, Ranchhand Bumpers front and rear, Ford Vent Visors
Old 05-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Looks awesome. First thing I did when I got the truck home was take out the storage compartment so our ole girl can fit in the back. She is a 12 year old rotty and spoiled as hell We just put her big dog bed on the floor and i use a ramp for the quads to set it on the running board to make it easy for her to get in and out.
The jackel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Did you get the seat base from a junkyard? I need a flat floor like that for my folding scooter.
Stsmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

Stsmark, I actually picked one up off Craigslist for $25. Fellow sold the truck and had this left over. I have see several posts on here where folks have been interested in trading their fold our ramp for the storage box found in the 2011. Might take a look.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriltex View Post

MMOMEGA, I would recommend you send an email to Woody and let him know what you want. He is super to work with and very responsive. He has his phone number on his web site and answers 7-7 PST Mon thru Sat. He has a multitude of fabrics to choose from. This particular one that I decided to use was the Crypton material, shown on his website, which is waterproof and eco friendly. He now has the pattern and you can see the fit is pretty darn good.
I plan on it soon. I'm wondering if he(Woody) would still have the measurements that you sent him. Hoping to get the '11 F350 before July and it would be nice to already have the bed before we go on our cross-country trip. I have the fold down flat shelf in the current truck and thinking a switch-a-roo would work.
2008 Mercedes GL450 Loaded (Wifes Car) Black
mmomega is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2011, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

I made mine and I don't want to lose the storage under the seat. The passenger side under seat bin is the perfect size to hold my uniform hat without damage.

"Flip-out" rear seat deck

The platform is getting foam under the cover now that I know the girls like it.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmomega View Post
I plan on it soon. I'm wondering if he(Woody) would still have the measurements that you sent him. Hoping to get the '11 F350 before July and it would be nice to already have the bed before we go on our cross-country trip. I have the fold down flat shelf in the current truck and thinking a switch-a-roo would work.
MMOMEGA, he does in fact have the template and is intending to reuse it since it fit so well. And the switch works perfect. All the bolt holes line up perfect. I chose not to place the one bolt in the from of the shelf which bolts through the carpet as it did not appear to do anything support wise and save me punching a hole in the carpet.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stsmark View Post
Did you get the seat base from a junkyard? I need a flat floor like that for my folding scooter.
I have an 08 CC with the fold out flat floor. I would trade for your storage box .
custerpsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

It's a nice one. Congrats to you! =) you can also check this one and get a very comfy bed at home. =)
platform beds
lynndessens is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

I am interested in trading for the underseat storage. My fold-out platform in perfect condition. Please PM me if interested.
who00knows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.