The Diesel Stop banner

Drivers side telescoping tow mirror

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  larrgh 
#1 ·
I have a 2015 Lariat and my drivers side power telescoping heated tow mirror needs to be replaced. My mirror does not have the chrome cap...The dealer wants over a $1100.00 for the mirror and installed the total is $1600.00. I'm handy with tools and if I can find a quality preferably OEM mirror on-line for less I'll install it myself. Need the sage advise often found in this forum...Thanks...jb

#2 ·
Is your truck not under warranty? Or have you exceeded the 36,000 miles? Or was there damage observed by the dealer to the mirror and not covered under warranty?

For as the chrome cap, do you really need them or just a desire to have them?

#3 ·
Thanks for your reply...the mirror was damaged when a Chevy Suburban drivers side mirror and my drivers side mirror met on a very narrow road...I want the all black..heated, telescoping, folding tow mirror. I have the Lariat Plus...

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
#6 ·
Thank You!!

#9 ·
The mirror still has all it's functions...it works fine.....it's the black plastic housing that's got a small hole at the bottom and a small crack...can the outside casing/housing be removed and replaced? I just can't see spending $1100-$1200 bucks for something that has only cosmetic damage...

#10 ·
I'm in the same boat as you - a couple of small holes from a leaning mailbox one cold night. I've tried the junkyards and dealers in my area, but junkyards don't have them, and dealers want too much. Here's a link to one aftermarket source - http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...or/2012/XLT/8_Cyl_6-dot-2L/WFD158ER-SATG.html

I found the housings are not available by themselves, only a complete mirror assembly. :frown2:

#11 ·
Can the mirror be disassembled?

#13 ·
Please repost the $5 fix...the link in your prior post does not work...Thank You...

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.