Light Bar wiring to high beams 2016 350 diesel - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By klhansen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Light Bar wiring to high beams 2016 350 diesel

Hello, I'm new to this page. Could anyone explain the procedure to wire my light bar to my high beams on my 16 ,350 diesel ford,I believe the wire for high beams is black and green together. Just wondering if someone could give me a simple set up and explanation as I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:18 PM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Garage
I'm not sure what is the law where you are from but here in Canada you can't use any auxiliary light on the road. light bar are for Off road only. I have a body that did the same (wire is light bar to the high beams) and the fine wasn't pretty and follow by a VI (vehicle inspection)

I would suggest to wire the light to a auxiliary switch and use it as need

F350 2002 7.3

auto,4" lift, 37/13.5/16 open country, Bilstein 5100, Maxtow gauges (EGT, Trans temp, Boost), 4 inch diamond eye turbo back axel drop with BTM muffler, S&B intake, RR AIH plug, billet FPR with gold spring, HPX, CNCfab 4 line fuel kit, ARP heads stud, RDP plenum reinforcing insert, complete CAC intercooler boot kit, full engine seal and gasket kit, 360* turbo rebuilt, WWII, EGPV delete, dark blue CPS, Hydra chip, Polished compressor manifold, HD coolant, 203* thermostat, Transgo HD kit, Energy suspension bushing kit, front and rear diff fully rebuilt with 4:88 gear ratio, Z36 powerstop heavy hauling brake kit, headlight relay mod, Fumoto drain valve AND STICKER

F350 2008 6.4 (sold)

TT 26' Springdale 2014
7x17 enclose trailer (shop) 2012
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 09:03 PM

My Photos: (180)
You could easily wire the light bar from a power source thru a relay with and use the high beam voltage to trigger the relay, turning on the light bar when high beams are used. Also put a control switch between the high beam wire and the relay coil so you can turn the signal off. You could also use a three position switch (on-off-on) and bring a power source to one side of the switch and out the common to the light bar relay.

Here's a sketch on how I ran my aux backup lights. They are either off (center switch position), on with backup lamps (lower switch position) or on (upper switch position.)

But as Yan said, please follow the laws where you are. The HID lights that scatter light all over the place even in low beam are bad enough. Blinding other drivers is never a good idea.
yan7gin likes this.

First truck -- 1929 Model A Ford pickup, restored from ground up. Wish I still had it!
'99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
), AIS,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
regulated return,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.