Mirror Side marker lens - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

'11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mirror Side marker lens

does anyone know how to change these out and how hard it is?? I would like to do a smoke lens.

?? Is Recon the only makers of these???
20"wheels, 3.55 EL gear, Dual Alternators, FX4, Upfitter Switches, Bullet Liner, Weather Tech mats, Reacon side mirror smoke lens, SCT Live Wire TS with PIP tunes, 4" Delete Pipe

My Wife took ownership of:
2006 F-250 Lariat 6.0L Crew Cab, Black w/ Chrome package, Chrome bug guard and door latches
18" stock wheels, Nitto Tera Grappler, 4" Turbo Back MBRP, AccuFab Power Elbo, Edge Insight Monitor, Tinted Windows, Rhino Liner, Husky Floor Mats, B&W Turnover, Air Horn, ZooDad mod, Recon's all around, ARP studs, EGR Delete, SCT from IDP, and a heavy foot

Turned 100K miles 12-23-11

-Bullet Proofed 103K
-New Head Gaskets 58K
-New EGR Cooler 29K
mlsteele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Putco also makes some, and I believe their might be another company as well (I know there is for the cab lenses). As far as how hard I had mine installed where I got them so have no clue.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

The mirror light assembly pops out easy with a flat blade between the mirror and housing near the bottom, You should be able to see the gray tab that holds it in.
Other option for smoked lenses is
plastic-dip plastic-dip
spray. Do a you-tube search for plastic-dip smoke. (Also works nice on badges)

Ignore the knife, was using it for scale in the pic, was discussing the idea of adding warning light systems to the mirror markers...

Custom~ fabbed rear bumper, tarp gantry, rear warning led setup, SEIC & rear strobe control panel (in the drivers side powerpoint trim)
And more to come

'99 F350 XLT CC LB 4x4 dually 7.3, Dents build character 408,000ish miles on the clock (2nd motor)
'93 Exploder Sport, 5.0 swap, 4r70w+Baumann TCS, Atlas 2 T-case 3.8:1 twin stick, Narrowed D44 '79 f150 solid axle swap, bunch o other junk...
'69 Ford rust bucket, err Bronco, "resto"/mods in the planning stages
Wolf451 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 12:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

So you have to take the top mirror out?
20"wheels, 3.55 EL gear, Dual Alternators, FX4, Upfitter Switches, Bullet Liner, Weather Tech mats, Reacon side mirror smoke lens, SCT Live Wire TS with PIP tunes, 4" Delete Pipe

My Wife took ownership of:
2006 F-250 Lariat 6.0L Crew Cab, Black w/ Chrome package, Chrome bug guard and door latches
18" stock wheels, Nitto Tera Grappler, 4" Turbo Back MBRP, AccuFab Power Elbo, Edge Insight Monitor, Tinted Windows, Rhino Liner, Husky Floor Mats, B&W Turnover, Air Horn, ZooDad mod, Recon's all around, ARP studs, EGR Delete, SCT from IDP, and a heavy foot

Turned 100K miles 12-23-11

-Bullet Proofed 103K
-New Head Gaskets 58K
-New EGR Cooler 29K
mlsteele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlsteele View Post
So you have to take the top mirror out?
No, Just need to slip a flat blade in to pop the marker light out...
Custom~ fabbed rear bumper, tarp gantry, rear warning led setup, SEIC & rear strobe control panel (in the drivers side powerpoint trim)
And more to come

'99 F350 XLT CC LB 4x4 dually 7.3, Dents build character 408,000ish miles on the clock (2nd motor)
'93 Exploder Sport, 5.0 swap, 4r70w+Baumann TCS, Atlas 2 T-case 3.8:1 twin stick, Narrowed D44 '79 f150 solid axle swap, bunch o other junk...
'69 Ford rust bucket, err Bronco, "resto"/mods in the planning stages
Wolf451 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Good install instructions come with the Recon lights but basically you position your mirror pushed in all the way to the top right and it makes a gap big enough for you to hit the release tab with a flat screw driver in the bottom left and pop the lights out. It's a 20minute task for both and all you need is a decently long flat screw driver.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.