MUD FLAPS!!! - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

'11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MUD FLAPS!!!

I really need some help on mud flaps for my '11 F-450. I've already noticed what appear to be small stone hits on the front of my dually fenders which I'm assuming are from the front wheels! It has to stop!

Someone on this board recommended Duraflaps, but not sure if they had applied them on a '11. Does anyone have any experience with these on the '11 and if so, would love some feedback on fit/finish. I was looking at the drill-less flaps with the stainless weights:

Ford F350 Dullay Mud flaps And Custom Mudflaps For 4WD Dullays

The other brand I was looking at was Dee Zee. They've got a really sturdy rubber mat with a diamond plate insert but I don't believe they have it for the '11 models yet. I'll call them tomorrow to see when/if they plan to release an updated version.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for mud flaps?! Thanks!
DieselWMB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWMB View Post
I really need some help on mud flaps for my '11 F-450. I've already noticed what appear to be small stone hits on the front of my dually fenders which I'm assuming are from the front wheels! It has to stop!

Someone on this board recommended Duraflaps, but not sure if they had applied them on a '11. Does anyone have any experience with these on the '11 and if so, would love some feedback on fit/finish. I was looking at the drill-less flaps with the stainless weights:

Ford F350 Dullay Mud flaps And Custom Mudflaps For 4WD Dullays

The other brand I was looking at was Dee Zee. They've got a really sturdy rubber mat with a diamond plate insert but I don't believe they have it for the '11 models yet. I'll call them tomorrow to see when/if they plan to release an updated version.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for mud flaps?! Thanks!
Very Very interested in finding wider front flaps than whats on there. It seems the guy putting the factory flaps on didn't notice the wider front end
outlawinil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2010, 07:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

I ordered the Duraflap rears /w the stainless steel weights last week. They should be here Wednesday or Thursday. If the fit/finish is good, then I'll probably order some fronts from them as well. I agree with you Outlaw, the front flaps are woefully inadequate!
Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Smile

same here ordered duaflaps 12" front and back i thought 14" was to wide? what does the husky liners or ford flaps measure? also i dont know where the extra two inches is achieved outside the tire or to the inside?
alexstroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstroker View Post
same here ordered duaflaps 12" front and back i thought 14" was to wide? what does the husky liners or ford flaps measure? also i dont know where the extra two inches is achieved outside the tire or to the inside?
Alex, have you installed them yet?!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

no not yet but those cheap plastic looking ones from ford or husky just are not for me i will post some pics this weekend if they get here??? I did order the 14" wide ones cause i plan on a small lift kit like 3 n the front 2 n da back with add a leaf in the rear for having a 250 with the readylift kit

Last edited by alexstroker; 08-23-2010 at 11:19 PM.
alexstroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

I have the Duraflaps and LOVE them, NOTHING hits the truck. The install is a little confusing but the fit and finish is top notch. I got the ones with the SS without rivets showing. Same for front and rear.

Tim
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltatkinson View Post
I have the Duraflaps and LOVE them, NOTHING hits the truck. The install is a little confusing but the fit and finish is top notch. I got the ones with the SS without rivets showing. Same for front and rear.

Tim
Thanks Tim, that's awfully encouraging!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Tim, Can you post some pictures of the duraflaps? I am looking for mud flaps and would like to see them on a truck...Thanks
2011 F-350, 6.7L, Oxford White Lariat Interior Pkg 4x2 DRW, Crew Cab, 3.73, Fifth Wheel Prep, Reese Elite 25K, Navigation, Tough Bed Liner, Tailgate Step. Ordered 4/26 - Built 5/21 - Arrived at Dealer 6/7 - Took delivery on 6/15
amsoil_f250 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

I am working long hours this week so I will get some this weekend.

Tim
Old 08-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

I posted these in another thread, they are pictures that Duraflap sent to me when I inquired about them. I am supposed to pick my truck up tomorrow as have a set sitting in the shop waiting to go on.

jasonmt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)

Installed them yesterday! Take a look! The install was extremely simple. The product is VERY high quality. I now have the fronts on order which should be here next week. Those considering DuraFlap should not hesitate!

Old 08-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Well I took some pix but cant figure out how to post them. I will try later.

Tim
Old 08-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

whats the best kind to get if you have Bushwacker flairs.. Im looking for a little more protection.. or .. will they look stupid..Thanks Jeff
2012 Dodge HO Dually car hauler truck for Dodge dealer

2010 F150 FX4 5.4 3.73's .sold

2008 LWB CC 6.4 dually. 3.73's

2007 LWB CC 6.0 Dually, 4:10, ID SCT tunes Xtreme race, Xtreme street, and tow w/agressive brake, MBRP Turbo back cool duals AFE Mega 2 ..

some older Duramax's and PowerStrokes that have over 300k miles..look like heck but still run
Jassman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWMB View Post
Installed them yesterday! Take a look! The install was extremely simple. The product is VERY high quality. I now have the fronts on order which should be here next week. Those considering DuraFlap should not hesitate!

WMB... can I ask what size mud flaps you ordered?
frt2599 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.