MUD FLAPS!!! - Page 3 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 AM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got the ford molded on the rear, but they tell me the fronts will be in later this month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
I have a SRW F250 and got my Duraflaps last week. I mounted the “drill-less”, steel weighted model front and rear this past weekend. The fronts went on no problem. The rears were a little tricky. The existing holes on the truck lined up well with the holes on the flaps but I had a few problems with the angled bracket supplied with the kit. I was just too long to line up correctly. I had to drill another hole on the untwisted end, essentially shortening the bracket ¾”, to make it look decent.
Good to know. I think it will be easiest if I have the rear wheels out of the way when I install these, eh? I'm going to be putting some aftermarket wheels/tires on anyhow, so just as well do it when I'm swapping them around.

Jon
===========

2011 F250 King Ranch, CC SB 6.7
H&S Perf Black Maxx with exhaust system, DPF/EGR delete
20" XD Spy wheels, black/machine finish
295/60/R20 Nitto TerraGrapplers
AMP Research electric PowerStep boards
Line X spray in bedliner
Vi-Air In-Bed air tank with Firestone air bags, Kleinn Air Horn
post #33 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 12:42 PM

From where are you guys ordering the Duraflaps? I have a F350 SRW CC LWB with the 275/70/18 tires on order. Which models would I need for the front and rear?

11' F350 Lariat 6.7L CC SRW LWB FX4 3.31 Build date 9/15/10
03' F350 Lariat 6.0L CC DRW (Totaled 7/30/10)
95' CK 3500 454 CC DRW (Sold)
86' F250 SC 460 LB SRW (Sold)

post #34 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-16-2010, 03:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chuckdogg6.0
Quote:
I have a SRW F250 and got my Duraflaps last week. I mounted the “drill-less”, steel weighted model front and rear this past weekend. The fronts went on no problem. The rears were a little tricky. The existing holes on the truck lined up well with the holes on the flaps but I had a few problems with the angled bracket supplied with the kit. I was just too long to line up correctly. I had to drill another hole on the untwisted end, essentially shortening the bracket ¾”, to make it look decent.

Would you still recommend them to fellow members? Looking at getting the same one's. Thanks

2011 F350 6.2 XLT Crew cab SRW 4x4 3:73 E-locker Sync 4.2lcd
- Banks Exhaust w/ custom extras
- 5600k Head Lamps
- 5600k Fog Lamps
- Blacked Out Cab lights
- Blacked Out Mirror lights

TRADED--10/03 build F250 6.0 XLT Ext Cab 4x4 Auto,

06 Yamaha Banshee
Anniversary Addition
Powder coated black T5 exhaust
post #35 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 01:05 AM

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckdogg6.0 View Post
Would you still recommend them to fellow members? Looking at getting the same one's. Thanks
I would recommend these to members wholeheartedly - They are a very well made product and IMO, look great. One thing to remember though - if the holes in your truck are like mine, you will have to re-drill the bracket. I have a drill press that made it quite simple; it would be trickier if you try to drill it by hand...
post #36 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 04:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to Chuckdogg6.0
Quote:
I would recommend these to members wholeheartedly - They are a very well made product and IMO, look great. One thing to remember though - if the holes in your truck are like mine, you will have to re-drill the bracket. I have a drill press that made it quite simple; it would be trickier if you try to drill it by hand...
I to have access to a drill press, thanks for the heads up. Did you purchase directly from duraflap? At 130.00 a set?

2011 F350 6.2 XLT Crew cab SRW 4x4 3:73 E-locker Sync 4.2lcd
- Banks Exhaust w/ custom extras
- 5600k Head Lamps
- 5600k Fog Lamps
- Blacked Out Cab lights
- Blacked Out Mirror lights

TRADED--10/03 build F250 6.0 XLT Ext Cab 4x4 Auto,

06 Yamaha Banshee
Anniversary Addition
Powder coated black T5 exhaust
post #37 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckdogg6.0 View Post
I to have access to a drill press, thanks for the heads up. Did you purchase directly from duraflap? At 130.00 a set?
Yes - I did purchase from Duraflap direct - i wanted to make sure I was getting the right product – I had read somewhere about incorrect models being supplied. I had a woman walk me through the ordering. She also asked me if I was a member of the “Ford” forum – to get a 10% discount. I wasn’t sure what forum she was referring to, but I didn’t think it was wise to ask. I just said yes – she only asked for my Userid – I am a member of a number of forums for the 6.7 powerstroke so I thought I was being honest… When I ordered there was a little back-log – the flaps took about 10 days to get here. – They were shipped from Oregon to NY.

Last edited by jimmi; 09-17-2010 at 08:53 AM.
post #38 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 AM

Flaps and mpg

Has anyone investigated whether flaps reduce mpg? I am thinking I'll go for a set of these Duraflaps, but don't really want to see lower mpg, and will wait if they have a negative affect.

Thanks,

rw

rw

2011 F350 KR LB FX4 DRW Oxford White
post #39 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpeebles View Post
Has anyone investigated whether flaps reduce mpg? I am thinking I'll go for a set of these Duraflaps, but don't really want to see lower mpg, and will wait if they have a negative affect.

Thanks,

rw
I would let you know but I think it would be faulty information. I keep constant track of my mileage, tank to tank. Just after I installed the flaps I changed my oil (Rotella 5W40) and got the Reflash - So I think these things affected my mileage more than the flaps. I saw an increase of .6 mpg for these last 280 miles or so (lie-o-meter) from 18.4 to 19. (combined local and highway driving). I am getting an actual mileage of 17.9 gpm calculated - but I will have to wait for the next gas tank re-fill to calculate the actual mileage with the flaps, oil change and reflash.

Last edited by jimmi; 09-17-2010 at 03:17 PM.
post #40 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 07:33 PM

Would someone who has the duraflaps measure how far they actually extend down? I am so disappointed in my Ford flaps, they are so short they only extend down 6 inches and dirt/mud starts to hit my truck 4 inches behind the flaps. They sure leave a lot of the truck body unprotected, not to mention the trash that hits my 5'er.
I am considering Duraflaps but I want to make sure they will give me better protection from the dirt/mud road I live on.

Thanks!

Thom

Panama City, Fl area

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F350 4x4 Ultimate Lariat crew cab SRW, LWB, 6.7 PSD, 5th wheel prep, factory 5'er and gooseneck hitches, 331 E-locker, factory bedliner. Duraflap mud flaps. Viair onboard air compressor. Firestone airshocks. Weathertech window vent shades.
-----------------------------------------------
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
F-250 super cap XLT 7.3 PSD 200,000 miles.
-----------------------------------------------
F-100 Deluxe cab, 50th anaversery in midst of frame up restoration.
post #41 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 10:18 AM

Call DuraFlap, they have a couple of lengths available. I believe mine hang about 9" above the ground. The rear of the wheel well is about 20.5 inches off the ground so they are about 11-11.5 inches below the body.

BH
post #42 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
TGR

I just installed my DuraFlaps today and ran into difficulties with the rear flaps. I have a Lariat, which has plastic molded flairs around the wheel wells. The front flair fit is good and allowed easy mounting of the mud flaps, the rear flairs do not have the good fit and left the DuraFlap bracket too short.

I tried forcing the flair back but that caused it to distort. I ended up using a longer bolt and a couple of extra nuts to act as a 1" extension to the bracket.

The mud flaps are not to blame, it's the installation of the rear wheel flairs that caused my problems.

2011 F350 6.7L SC LB Camper Pkg Lariet SRW 4x4 3.55 ELD, Royal Red/Tan
post #43 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 AM

Did you guys with the duraflaps get 14" wide rear and 12" wide fronts? Ordered mine last week and the women on the phone said that is what most people order.... Just worried it's going to look odd................
post #44 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robman7835 View Post
Did you guys with the duraflaps get 14" wide rear and 12" wide fronts? Ordered mine last week and the women on the phone said that is what most people order.... Just worried it's going to look odd................
I got the 12"s front and rear. I too am wondering how the 14"s would look on the rear with the 12" fronts
post #45 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 PM

I just ordered the Dura Flaps 12's for front and back. Had the Husky's but didn't think they looked big enough. I should be getting them this week.

Jim
2011 F350 Lariat CC LB SRW FX4
Fifth wheel option, 3:55 elocker
'09 Keystone Everest 345S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.