MUD FLAPS!!! - Page 8 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

'11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #106 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which one is the correct # for Ford's molded mud flaps? I have BC3Z-16A550-FA and BC3Z-16A550-GA. They will go on my 2013 F250 XLT. They talk about a wheel lip molding and I don't think I have a wheel lip mold on my truck. Any help would be nice.

Thanks Carl
05 F250 SD XLT Reg cab 4x4 Arizona Beige 6.0L PSD, AT, Advanced Security Group, ESOF, Fog Lights, Stabilizer Package, Tow Command System, Upfitter Switches, Aluminum Wheels, Cab Steps & Super Liner bedliner,Fumoto Valve, Air Lift Air Springs & Smart Air. Traded

2013 F250 SD XLT Reg Cab 4x4 Pale Adobe 6.7L PSD, 3.31Elock, AT, Tow Command, Upfitter Switches, Rear Camera, Aluminum Service Body, bedliner, Airlift air bags with Smart Air.
stewcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #107 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
They probably mean body side mldg. The ones for helping against door dings.
2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7. CC,LB, SRW 3.31 ELD.Vermillion Red.Bakflip HD,Spray in bedliner. Tint all windows.Edge Insite CTS. DDM Tuning,Hi/Low HID'S (H13,55W.Bull Bar. red grill lettering/stainless tailgate letters.AMI chrome locking fuel door.Plazma light bar.
2011 F-350 Superduty 6.7. CC.LB SRW Oxford white. (FORD BUY BACK)!!!
2009 F-250 Superduty 6.4. CC.LB SRW Trade in.
2010 Ford Focus. All the bells and whistles. Red Wifey's econo box
1994 F-150.XLT.5.8 litre 351. E4ODE.Extended cab LB. 198,000 miles.Don't use a drop of oil.
Hdslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #108 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmblazer View Post
So I installed one of the 14" wide flaps on the rear, and it stuck out a couple inches from the fender. It didn't look right at all. With fender flares, it probably would have looked ok. But on the Platinums there are no fender flares, so they really stick out. I'm sending the rears flaps back, and they're sending the rear drill-less 12" wide, extra long (14" long) with the smooth stainless (FR 2XL 11 SS). I'll post up pics when they come in and I install them. I did install the front ones (12" wide) and they look good.

I do have the wheel liners in the rear and had to remove them to install the flaps. The flaps protect that same area as the wheel liner, so there is really no reason you would want to keep the liners in place once the flaps are installed.
Man I wished you took a picture of the 14 inch wide on the rear before sending it back. can you take a picture of the fronts? also did you get the 9in length or 11 in length for the fronts. also you said you had to remove the wheel well liners. why did you do that I know you said it protects the same thing but what about the upper and front of the fender. are you talking about the whole wheel liner or just that little plastic piece inside.
Sbuarapha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbuarapha View Post
Man I wished you took a picture of the 14 inch wide on the rear before sending it back. can you take a picture of the fronts? also did you get the 9in length or 11 in length for the fronts. also you said you had to remove the wheel well liners. why did you do that I know you said it protects the same thing but what about the upper and front of the fender. are you talking about the whole wheel liner or just that little plastic piece inside.
Sorry, it stuck out really far beyond the fender and didn't taper back in. It just looked out of place. It was really windy and cold, so I was doing everything quickly to get on the front ones and take the one in the rear back off. The front ones are the 9" version. Personally if I had to do it again, I would go with the 11". The front fender wells retain the liners, in fact you clip the front flaps to the liner as part of the install. I was referring to the plastic piece that is used on the inside rear fenders. I'm pretty busy this week at work and likely won't get the pic's up until I have both sets on. Hopefully I have the new rears for this weekend.
'13 F350 Platinum 6.7L Dsl- Black/Black, CCLB, 4x4, FX4, Bakflip F1, Recon smoke tail/cab lights, AMI Chrome/Bk fuel door, Xenarc LCD monitor, dvd, rhino liner, wndw tint, Mytouch Lockpick, Super5th 20.5k hitch w/ removable base rails
ssmblazer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #110 (permalink)

Another very different solution

Check out CattlemanHD running boards, for a fantastic and functional look as well as rear wheel well protection. See HD Running Boards |. A whole lot more money than mud flaps, I know. Like I said, a very different solution.
texasgiddyup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #111 (permalink)

I ran some rock tamers just so I could remove them when I didnt need them.
Attached Thumbnails
MUD FLAPS!!!-047.jpg  

08 F-450 4.30 Gears, SCT Livewire with Custom Tunes, AFE Intake, DPF Delete, 5 Inch Exhaust, 8 Inch Fabtech with Bilstiens, 22' Wheels with 37' Toyo M/T, Amp Steps.

11 F-450 Amp steps, hid's, H&S, 5' exhaust, full delete, recons, and............
carter99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #112 (permalink)

I had some made for my dually.
Getting the Ford ones is getting harder and harder. So I sent out one of my originals and had some made but with my own custom touch

Original Ford 36 x 12

My design 36 x 12 for the front

My design 36 x24 for the rear
Old 02-27-2013, 02:53 PM   #113 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Duraflaps

I've run Duraflaps for a year now with no issues. They're rigid enough that one DOESN'T need the SS weights to keep them from flying on the highway. One of my gumbies got the driver's side pinched between the tire & a concrete curb which resulted in the thing ripping off with the fender liner...no damage to anything because the bolts pulled through them. This result happened because I reinforced the plastic fender with an extra strut before I mounted them, otherwise it might have taken the fender off. I did get the SS weights with my company name & logo on them (rear only), to which they did a great job of. Hope this helps.
Mojoryb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
I finally got the new rears in and installed over the weekend. Below are the pic's. The front ones are the 12" wide, 9" length, the rear ones are the 12" wide, 14" extra long. The ones for my '05 F-250 fit great and all holes, brackets lined up perfect. I can't say the same for my '13 F-350. The front ones were easy, but the rears were a pain. The long bracket has two slots, but no instruction as to which slot to use, and then the instructions state that you need to drill a hole in the flap to attach that long bracket to the flap. The first time I set it up, I realized that it wasn't pulled back enough, so I drilled a different hole and used the inner slot of the long bracket. It doesn't make sense to me how they have a drill-less flap that requires drilling of the flap? I still like the flaps, but the install could be improved...
Attached Thumbnails
MUD FLAPS!!!-mudflaps1.jpg  
'13 F350 Platinum 6.7L Dsl- Black/Black, CCLB, 4x4, FX4, Bakflip F1, Recon smoke tail/cab lights, AMI Chrome/Bk fuel door, Xenarc LCD monitor, dvd, rhino liner, wndw tint, Mytouch Lockpick, Super5th 20.5k hitch w/ removable base rails
Old 03-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
I finally got the new rears in and installed over the weekend. Below are the pic's. The front ones are the 12" wide, 9" length, the rear ones are the 12" wide, 14" extra long. The ones for my '05 F-250 fit great and all holes, brackets lined up perfect. I can't say the same for my '13 F-350. The front ones were easy, but the rears were a pain. The long bracket has two slots, but no instruction as to which slot to use, and then the instructions state that you need to drill a hole in the flap to attach that long bracket to the flap. The first time I set it up, I realized that it wasn't pulled back enough, so I drilled a different hole and used the inner slot of the long bracket. It doesn't make sense to me how they have a drill-less flap that requires drilling of the flap? I still like the flaps, but the install could be improved...
Additional Pic's
Attached Thumbnails
MUD FLAPS!!!-mudflaps2.jpg   MUD FLAPS!!!-mudflaps3.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you have a picture of how much clearance on the back tire with the mud flap for the rears. So you said awhile ago you should of got the fronts longer do you have pictures of the side and clearance of the mudflap and tire? Still have not bought mine been waiting to see what it looked like on your truck since you have basically the same truck in black. They do look good on your truck though. And you are right the 14" wide for the back would probably look bad. the 12" wide covers the tire pretty good.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Do you have a picture of how much clearance on the back tire with the mud flap for the rears. So you said awhile ago you should of got the fronts longer do you have pictures of the side and clearance of the mudflap and tire? Still have not bought mine been waiting to see what it looked like on your truck since you have basically the same truck in black. They do look good on your truck though. And you are right the 14" wide for the back would probably look bad. the 12" wide covers the tire pretty good.
Hopefully these help:
Attached Thumbnails
MUD FLAPS!!!-mudflaps4.jpg   MUD FLAPS!!!-mudflaps5.jpg   MUD FLAPS!!!-mudflaps6.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #118 (permalink)

Sorry ssmblazer about having to drill into the mud flap. We found that going from one Ford to another the bracket length would need to be changed from model to model. It was more precise to allow the customer to set the right angle of the mud flap and drill the hole in the right place. You would think making the holes in the bracket into slots would allow for enough adjustment, but we still had customers with problems; so we had no choice but to leave it un-drilled.
For some reason the fenderwell lip curves forward toward the tire at a different angle from one truck to the other making the required length and/or postion different from one to the other.
Attached Thumbnails
MUD FLAPS!!!-2011-4x4no-flares-xtra-long-front.jpg   MUD FLAPS!!!-2011-4x4-no-flares-xtra-long.jpg  

Last edited by DuraFlap; 03-14-2013 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added info
DuraFlap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 01:39 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuraFlap View Post
Sorry ssmblazer about having to drill into the mud flap. We found that going from one Ford to another the bracket length would need to be changed from model to model. It was more precise to allow the customer to set the right angle of the mud flap and drill the hole in the right place. You would think making the holes in the bracket into slots would allow for enough adjustment, but we still had customers with problems; so we had no choice but to leave it un-drilled.
For some reason the fenderwell lip curves forward toward the tire at a different angle from one truck to the other making the required length and/or postion different from one to the other.
Hey got a question with your picture. what length are the front and rear duraflap and how much clearance is it from the road front and back. Also how do the brackets mount on the truck. Do you have to drill on the truck.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Hopefully these help:
What were the part numbers for the mudflap. going to be ordering it here in a few days. thank for everything steven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.