Rough Country Dual 30" LED Light Bars in F250 Grill - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough Country Dual 30" LED Light Bars in F250 Grill

I installed Rough Country's 30 inch dual setup less than 2 months ago and one of the lights already has condensation behind the lens. The condensation is along the entire length of the light bar. It looks like a cheap light bar now. If I hadn't already cut my grill in order to install these lights I wouldn't do it. I am very disappointed.

Is this normal for these lights? Rough Country told me it was normal for their light bars to get condensation. Sounds like BS to me.

This is Rough Country's response to me:
"It is common for the lights to get condensation in them. Will need to run them for a little bit and it will clear up. The lights are vented. "

Last edited by JimProfit; 06-03-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 06:28 AM
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
I'd disagree it's "normal". Their saying the heat from running the LEDs will remove the condensation thru the vent.

2006 F-350 CC PSD Lariat 4X4 LB 3.73 LS

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 02:52 AM

LED's don't produce much heat so I don't think condensation will gone by just turning your lightbar on.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2016, 08:02 PM

My Photos: (6)
They do draw power...that power will produce heat across the circuit boards the LEDs are mounted. It's not going to burn your hand but there is heat there. Maybe those HUGE fins on the back are for decoration??

2006 F-350 CC PSD Lariat 4X4 LB 3.73 LS

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimProfit View Post
Is this normal for these lights? Rough Country told me it was normal for their light bars to get condensation. Sounds like BS to me.

"
Somewhere in the specs for the lights you should have checked to see if they are IP67 (waterproof and dustproof) spec'd LEDs... If they are (and it's not listed on the Rough Country website, a dead giveaway) then they should be waterproof and there should be no moisture inside the lenses...
Their warranty states:
This product features Rough Country's Lifetime Replacement Warranty. All products are warranted to be free from defects in material and craftsmanship for the life of the vehicle if utilized in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for installation and operation of said products. For complete details and coverage information please click here.
I would raise Holy Hell with them if they don't stand behind their product(s), which for LED's, are most likely Chinese made... If they don't honor their warranty, I would make sure the whole world knows what you think of them... I had actually looked at that very same product until I read your experience... Also, just FYI, I have 3 LED Lightbars from OPT7, 2 - 22"-ers and a 14"-er on my SXS... All are in Colorado's High Country, all get used in winter weather here 8 months out of the year, and all are bone dry inside... They are IP 67 rated waterproof and dustproof...........

Last edited by stevedunham-2; 11-30-2016 at 07:48 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 01:46 PM

Definitely not normal. It may not cause any issues to the LED's but I would imagine they will not last as long as a sealed waterproof light bar.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 08:25 AM

I have the same lights in the grill of my 2015 F350. I mounted 2 rows of them last August.
So far so good....work fine and no condensation.

It does state on Rough Country's site that they do have an IP67 Waterproof rating.

30in Single Row LED Light Bar Hidden Grille Kit for 11-16 Ford Super Duty (F250/350) Pickup | Rough Country Suspension SystemsŪ

I have been very carefull when washing my truck not to get to get to close to them with the wand...no matter what their rating.

Chrome ash tray with extra LED light!
Blacked out rear view mirror
Badazz sticker on bumper
3.5" x 10" exhaust tip.....painted BLACK!!!
One floormat...hope to get a Wethertek one someday!
Lots of really cool black stuff! Yes I'm a rebel!
TWO pairs of BLACK Driving gloves (made from GENUINE Saskatchewan seal skin)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:41 AM

My Photos: (17)
Question to you that have light bars installed in your grill:
Do the light bars block air flow enough that there is a coolong problem? I would like to do this, but I tow heavy & cooling is always a concern.
Also - I would like to wire my LED lights to my #1 upfitter switch, but I would also like to be able to activate/deactivate the lights with the dimmer switch (with the #1 upfitter switch in the "on" position). Has anyone done this? I would appreciate any info or guidance on how to hook the lights up this way.
Thanks in advance for your help.

2013 F-350 Lariat 6.7 L PSD Crew Cab Dually, FX4, white platinum metalic tri-coat with black interior, N-Fab step bars, factory spray-in bedliner and 5th wheel hitch, trailer tow package, integrated brake controller, upfitter switches, Sync with My Ford Touch, memory group, remote start, reverse sensing with rear view camera, nav, satillite radio, Weather Tech floor mats, limited slip diff, moon roof, climate controlled seats, engine block heater and tailgate step.

2014 Lifestyle (formerly Carriage) 5th wheel 38' long with 3 slides & all the goodies.

SOLD: 2005 F-350 Lariat, 6.0 PSD, Torqueshift auto trans, crew cab, SRW, short box, FX4, ESOF, limited slip dif., tow command, upfitter switches, 6 CD changer, Lariat Lux. package, camper package, engine block heater, triple A-pillar gauge set (Autometer) with pyrometer, trans temp & voltmeter, MBRP 4" cat back exhaust w/5" dual wall chrome tip, dark shadow gray/ med. flint interior.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpetko View Post
Also - I would like to wire my LED lights to my #1 upfitter switch, but I would also like to be able to activate/deactivate the lights with the dimmer switch (with the #1 upfitter switch in the "on" position). Has anyone done this? I would appreciate any info or guidance on how to hook the lights up this way.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I have used these dimmer controls on my inside led trailer lights and they work GREAT!
I would just use this to control your lights as they are tiny, have and off and on, and dimming control.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dimmer.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	108513  

2012 F250 XLT 4x4 CCSB 6.7 Diesel, 50 GAL Titan Tank, Tall Shell, Loadlifter 5000 Air Lift Suspension Kit, Viair Constant Duty Onboard Air System with Firestone Control Panel, backup reverse lighting.
Proud Dakar Dad = My son Chris Blais rode the Dakar Rally 3 years in a row 2005-07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.