What upgrades can you add to a 6.7L? - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
'11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2011-Up Super Duty.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:25 PM

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08F350 View Post
I've had my 15 F350 2 years and have left the engine stock.
But coming from a Spartan tuned 08 F350 with 5" turbo back exhaust putting out 525 hp and 1100 ft/lbs to the rear wheels; my stock 15 F350 seems totally gutless. The turbo lag is very bad. One big turbo compared to 2 small ones on the 6.4, and 25 psi boost vs 40+psi on the 6.4 make for lack luster performance on the 6.7
That being said I'm not going to tune my 15...for now anyway.
The 15 does handle and drive much nicer than my 08 and even my 12 F350.....just wish it had a bit more of the obnoxious instant power my 6.4 had. But that's tuned vs stock for you ; )
25 psi boost and turbo lag??? lackluster performance?? yours must be broke.

My 2016 F350 35psi next to zero lag, 0-60 7.2 seconds Stock, safe, and one bad*** truck with a full warranty. I'll take that over your 6.4 without a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprice View Post
Im buying a 2016 6.7 Powerstroke and I was wondering what upgrades I can add and still make it through emissions. Will a straight pipe coming from the turbo pass emissions or do I have to keep my converter? This is in Maryland.

Ummm, Your just kidding right LOL, that's pretty funny!

Who with half a brain would void their entire warranty on a $50-$70K truck unless you have that kind of cash to throw away.
any failure whatsoever could be blamed on that kind of mod.
Trans, Engine, drive line, no going back to the dealer to cover the cost of any failure. Everything will be the fault of something you did.
buy something out of warranty and play with it, much cheaper and more money to buy things and fix all the stuff you break.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 09:50 AM

Hence the saying "you gotta pay to play"
And yes there are lots of guys who void their warranty to tune their trucks.
People tune for their own reasons...so each to their own.
If you drive them in a normal manner, you can have a more reliable truck than the stock version with all the potential problems with the emissions equipment....plus your mileage will be much better.
I never had to take my 2008 6.4 to the dealer once in the 6 yrs I owned it, with it being deleted and tuned the whole time.
I had it a week before i tuned it (i bought it used with 18k miles on it).
The mileage i got running empty stock, was what i then got pulling my 33 ft toy hauler tuned.
Sold it with 60,000 miles on it; no issues at all.
I had my stock 2012 6.7 a month before the heater in the DEF tank went and i had to get it replaced at the dealership.
My 2015 King Ranch has so far been trouble free in stock form. But if i decide to keep it a few more years I'll most likely tune it as it just seems so gutless compared to my old 6.4

Chrome ash tray with extra LED light!
Blacked out rear view mirror
Badazz sticker on bumper
3.5" x 10" exhaust tip.....painted BLACK!!!
One floormat...hope to get a Wethertek one someday!
Lots of really cool black stuff! Yes I'm a rebel!
TWO pairs of BLACK Driving gloves (made from GENUINE Saskatchewan seal skin)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 - 2016 Ford Super Duties > '11-16 Upgrades and Aftermarket

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.