The Diesel Stop banner

110 Volt Power Outlets

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  prayingforluck 
#1 ·
I am hearing that these are only 150 watt output is this correct?
If so I want to install an inverter that is 1000 watt peak and 400 watt continuous. What I am wanting to run is a Traeger PTG pellet smoker that pulls 300W at start up then a continuous 50W for the rest of the running time. How long could I expect to run this smoker without having any battery drain issues?
Note: I have a 2012 F-350 with the 6.7 Powerstroke so I have two batteries. Thank you in advance.

#2 ·
I suggest a third battery with a battery isolater, then feed the power inverter off the third battery. This keeps the truck batteries fresh and removed from the power draw. The third battery usage would be the key factor to explore. You need reserve capacity and it depends on how long the load is required. People will use two 6 volt batteries to provide more reserve usage.

#3 ·
But where would I put one or two extra batteries in my truck?
Maybe it would be a better idea to put the inverter in my toyhauler, connected to the RV batteries.

#6 ·
#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.