2009 to 2013 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up General Questions

'11-Up General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 to 2013

Hello everyone, I recently ordered a 2013 F350 CC SB FX4 Lariat with the 6.7. Was wondering what everyone has to say about these new trucks on the road and how they are running. I won't take delivery of mine till the end of February or the beginning of March. I will be trading in my 2009 F350 CC LB Lariat 6.4 for this new toy.
09F3506.4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Congrats on the new truck.
I did the same thing, so Iím interested in your post. Crystal from Ford Customer Service just sent me a PM stating that my truck was made on Jan 11th and ETA at the dealer around the 21st.
Just curious! I wasnít too happy with my 2008 6.4L, mostly with the Dealer. I was getting to the end of my warranty so when another Dealer offer me a great trade-in valve, I order a 2013 F350 after I test drove a few. I did like the E-loc, bigger brakes and electronics to name a few.
MPD56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

I went from a 2008 6.4L to the 2011. Best thing I ever did. I loved my '08 (it was also a Lariat CC LB), and I had to go down to an XLT to be able to get into this one. But it was totally worth it. The new engine is amazing. As I've said in other posts, it may not be a night and day difference, but it's as close as it comes. It really outdoes the 6.4L by a lot. But I do miss my dual zone automatic climate control!
BakFlip G2 Bed Cover
2010 Wildcat 28RKBS 5er
edjunior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

It will blow yo mind !

I just went from a 1988 f-250, 4x4 to a 2013 f-350 6.7l, 4x4, dually, loaded Lariat. I love it so much I went thru terrible withdrawals when it was in a shop for a day. Never had so much pure pleasure driving a vehicle (next to my motorcycles). I was doing RV boon docking with my 250 with a slide in camper, winch, and a bunch of other gear that put over 5,000 lbs on my one ton truck for 25 years. My new f-350 will load 6,680 lbs ! At highway speeds and off road. You are gonna love it ! You will want to eat and sleep in it.
Headspace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09F3506.4 View Post
Hello everyone, I recently ordered a 2013 F350 CC SB FX4 Lariat with the 6.7. Was wondering what everyone has to say about these new trucks on the road and how they are running. I won't take delivery of mine till the end of February or the beginning of March. I will be trading in my 2009 F350 CC LB Lariat 6.4 for this new toy.
Congrats on ordering, 09F3506.4! I'm happy to keep you posted on your truck's journey from production to delivery. Just send me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll give you the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPD56 View Post
Congrats on the new truck.
I did the same thing, so Iím interested in your post. Crystal from Ford Customer Service just sent me a PM stating that my truck was made on Jan 11th and ETA at the dealer around the 21st.
Just curious! I wasnít too happy with my 2008 6.4L, mostly with the Dealer. I was getting to the end of my warranty so when another Dealer offer me a great trade-in valve, I order a 2013 F350 after I test drove a few. I did like the E-loc, bigger brakes and electronics to name a few.
It's getting close, isn't it MPD56? Let us all know when your brand new truck makes it home - and be sure to post lots of pictures so we can all be incredibly jealous of your new ride!

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordTrucks @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordTrucks facebook.com/Ford
FordService is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have a '10 6.4L and just bought a '13 6.7L.

I love both trucks differently as they are completely different beasts.

The 6.4L is deleted and is a hot rod.

The 6.7L is powerful and quiet...absolutely refined...and, I love it!

I have always been a guy that drives the loud, smelly, smokey, hp/tq monsters.

Now, I am loving the quiet/refined power of the 6.7L. I may never delete it even if someone does produce a delete tuner for the '13's. I'll gladly spend my hard earned money on other upgrades like suspension, hid's, etc.

2010 F350 6.4L FX4 Lariat Auto CC SWB- AFE Stage II, Flo Pro 5" TBE, H&S Mini Maxx on Hot Damn/Hot!

02 F250 7.3L 4x4 6spd Lariat CC LWB
3" lift, BFG A/T 315's on stock wheels, AFE stage II, Edge J/A, 4" straight piped, Ranch Hand frt/rear
highmtnstrokin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the info guys. I did not have any problems with my truck, consider myself lucky. Power was great ride is amazing(for a 1 ton truck), and the interior was top of the line when introduced.

I like how Ford has taken serious interest in the interiors of these trucks finally. The new seats are amazing, heated and cooled. Higher quality leather, softer as well.

As soon as I get my VIN build date I will let you know, I am very interested in following the progress of my truck.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

09F3506.4: Youíre right about the new interior. Watch what you ask Crystal for! Iíve been grinning since she told me my truck was built and my face is starting to hurt LOL.

Thanks ever so much Crystal: Iím pumped.
Just got back from my dealer, they told me that it was built on Jan 11th and the ETA to the Oakville Ontario distribution centre is January 21st and arrive at my Dealerís lot sometime after the Jan 26th. At that point they are installing the Ford upgraded bi-directional remote start, tinting the windows and Rust Proofing Öetc. The other stuff I ordered and will be installing myself, I just canít see paying $120 plus tax for labour to install front snap on mud flaps, Weathertech window vents and floor mats (on my wifeís 2013 Edge, it took me 20 minutes)? And $180 for one spare key LOL.

Crystal is there any way to get the Window Sticker for my 2013; I canít find that site I got my 2008ís from?
Old 01-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
09F3506.4: Youíre right about the new interior. Watch what you ask Crystal for! Iíve been grinning since she told me my truck was built and my face is starting to hurt LOL.

Thanks ever so much Crystal: Iím pumped.
Just got back from my dealer, they told me that it was built on Jan 11th and the ETA to the Oakville Ontario distribution centre is January 21st and arrive at my Dealerís lot sometime after the Jan 26th. At that point they are installing the Ford upgraded bi-directional remote start, tinting the windows and Rust Proofing Öetc. The other stuff I ordered and will be installing myself, I just canít see paying $120 plus tax for labour to install front snap on mud flaps, Weathertech window vents and floor mats (on my wifeís 2013 Edge, it took me 20 minutes)? And $180 for one spare key LOL.

Crystal is there any way to get the Window Sticker for my 2013; I canít find that site I got my 2008ís from?
Sure thing, MPD56! Just attach your VIN to the end of this website: Untitled Page

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Crystal

Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService View Post
Sure thing, MPD56! Just attach your VIN to the end of this website: Untitled Page

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Crystal
Thanks Crystal:

Worked like a charm, except the price must be a USA price, I wonder if my Canadian dealer will honour it!! Just joking and thanks again!!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks Crystal:

Worked like a charm, except the price must be a USA price, I wonder if my Canadian dealer will honour it!! Just joking and thanks again!!
You're welcome, MPD56! Let us all know when your new ride makes it home.

Crystal

Old 01-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Still waiting on VIN from ford, Got a call from dealer saying its in production schedule. Should get a VIN tomorrow or tuesday.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09F3506.4 View Post
Still waiting on VIN from ford, Got a call from dealer saying its in production schedule. Should get a VIN tomorrow or tuesday.
Hey 09F3506.4,

Sounds like you're getting closer to your new truck every day! Just a reminder that I can track your order with just an order number/dealer name; you don't need your VIN. Send me a PM once you're ready for updates and I'll be happy to help!

Crystal

Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

6.7 is a great engine!

2011 350 6.7 DRW Crew Cab Long Bed
2005 350 6.0 SRW Supercab Long Bed (traded)
2002 350 7.3 SRW Supercab Long Bed (traded)
Pulling 38 Foot, 14K Fifthwheel
winter traveler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Besides all the really cool creature comforts a new vehicle offers. And we did get lots of those in this one. I think what makes me the happiest is how Ford finally got all 8 cylinders to work like 8 cylinders should. I love to press the go peddle on the truck. Loaded - unloaded it is amazing and full of power. Temps have been in the single digits for a few weeks now I work from home so the truck can sit for many days. Wind chills were -22 f the other day so to test the truck @ 6am I hit the auto start with out plugging it in. Dam did it purrr. Should I be guilty that I do not miss the chug chug chug and clouds of white smoke on cold winter mornings

Your going to love your new trucks!
2012 6.7 DRW Lariat 4x4 crew, tuxedo metallic black with black leather interior. Factory installed gooseneck prep. 8,000 Miles and still satisfied! (Warranty items so far - Rear tailgate emblem, drivers exterior mirror, steering box, front tow hook)
Munfrobie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.