The Diesel Stop banner

'2012 F250 auto windows

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  edjunior 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been lurking here for a while trying to learn a little about the 6.7 and the different years/upgrades. I wanted to pick up a used 2015-16 mostly because of the hp/tq numbers and the exhaust brake but at this time I cant justify the payment. With that said I think I have settled on a 2012 F-250 Lariat 4x4 Crew Cab with 62,000 miles. Its has a little more mileage than I would like to start with but from what I gather here the 6.7L has a decent track record and should last for a while as long as you do the maintenance. If I have missed something please feel free to let me know.

The question I wanted to ask is about the automatic windows. My current 2012 F-150 SCAB FX-4 has it where both of the front windows go up and down with the touch of a button. On the F-250 I am looking at the auto window only goes down and only on my side.

The sales lady said that was the only way it works. I question her knowledge a little because she didn't know that this truck had an engine/idle hours meter (IIRC 2002/640) and a few other things. Also I was told all the maintenance has been done but I don't think I believe them.

Anyway, how do the auto windows work on the F-250s? Thanks guys.

See less See more
#2 ·
Not a known function with the Super Duty of operating both windows from one button.

you can download an owners manual here

Owner Manuals | fleet.ford.com

#3 ·
I don't know about the '12, but my '13 250 Lariat has one touch on both the driver's and passenger's front windows. I often have to manually override the passenger side due to the weathertech in channel window vent cover on mine.

#4 ·
larrgf - thanks for the link.

From the service manual-

One-touch down
Allows the driver’s window to open fully without holding the control
down. Press the switch completely down to the second detent and
release quickly. The window will open fully. Momentarily press the switch
to any position to stop the window operation.

So it appears that the 2012 does not have that option. Good enough for me.

#5 ·
Yep. My '11 was driver's only one touch down only. Up you had to hold it. Which kinda sucks after driving my 2003 Infiniti for a while. That has all 4 windows auto down and up. But I suppose something that simple would add a couple of thousand to the price. I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.