The Diesel Stop banner

'2012 Issues/Extended Warranty?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bhoss1 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Per the suggestions of many, including those on this site we are looking at a 2012 F350 tonight. I my opinion it has very low miles and still with a fairly hefty price tag in my opinion. My issue is its not being sold by a ford dealer and will barely have any manufacturers warranty left due to the year. With no warranties included, which is sending me a red flag slightly. They offer extended warranty packages I think thru Zurich? But think that will push us out of range where we want to be for a price. And have not had much luck with any type of negotiations.

So if you could please reply any common issues with 2012's (This truck is loaded so I have concern for electrical stuff too) we should look for. I have searched this site but so many years I am worried I am missing useful information. Just don't want to be fixing anything to major with a truck that only has 20,000 miles on it.

Thanks again. You all are helpful!!0:)

#2 ·
My 2012 has been great.
52,000 miles on my truck.
I tow heavy.
40% of my miles is towing a 17,000lbs 5er.

#4 ·
I always recommend an extended warranty.
I bought the 7/125000 Premium ESP when I bought my truck.

Buy only the Ford warranty. Not a 3rd party.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Check Flood Ford and Zeigler Ford. I have found Flood to bet the cheapest when I purchased but went with Zeigler as I could finance it for a year at 0% interest.

#8 ·
I found that Lombardy Ford was best for me. 2012 with 31,000 and I had an erg pipe go; turned into a $2500 bill and paid only my D/A $200. Cost was $1600 well worth the investment

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.