The Diesel Stop banner

2012 rear power slider rust

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  dbarkov82 
#1 ·
I have a '12 SRW F250 KR. I noticed rust in the frame of my rear sliding window beneath the weather stripping. When I pulled the stripping back to inspect the frame I noted the frame is rusted pretty badly. I took it to my local dealer and tried twice but warranty was denied. I have had the truck two years and had 36,277 miles when I took it in last week. It is rusting enough that I believe it won't be long until water starts intruding into the cab. I am not really happy about the thought of being out of pocket for this, as I was told it means replacing the whole rear slider. Just looking for some input here. Am I sol?
Over 277 miles?

#2 ·
I have a '12 SRW F250 KR. I noticed rust in the frame of my rear sliding window beneath the weather stripping. When I pulled the stripping back to inspect the frame I noted the frame is rusted pretty badly. I took it to my local dealer and tried twice but warranty was denied...
Welcome to the forum, Sadness factory; let's see what I can do to get you smiling again. Send me your information in a private message (PM) and I'll start working on options. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

#14 ·
I know this is a long shot, but. My rear sliding window has awful corrosion. I first noticed it in 2020, and ever since then have been getting a complete run around form the local dealership and ford. I've been to the service center twice no call backs, no replays to emails etc... Complained to ford they told me that i need to go to a different dealership... I'm not asking them for a free rear window, even thought they do see its been there for years so should have a warrantee exemption. So here i am searching them internets for answers. If you can help me in any way or point me in the right direction that would be awesome.
Thanks

#5 ·
Not sure what year Ford started, but the power sliding rear window in my 2015 is glued in with urethane and no rubber gasket.

#9 ·
Hi folks: Do we have a handle on what is causing the rust. Is water pooling in that area? Is there drain holes in this area? I have a 2014 that is just starting to show rust in the right side of the channel. Cleaned and sprayed some WD40 in the channel for now.

#10 ·
Answered my own question.....washed truck today, pulled out rubber weatherstrip, found the channel full of water, with no where to go.
Think I will drill (3) 1/8" holes in channel frame to help move the water out. Small amount of rust found. Just a matter of time! Another great design from the Ford Engineers.

#11 ·
I guess I'm going to have to check mine more often. I thought it was caused by a little moisture plus crappy paint on slider frame. I just cleaned up the track on my new slider and painted with rustoleum. Didn't realize that much water was getting in there. Definitely don't want to buy another window.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.