The Diesel Stop banner

'2016 F250 XLT cloth seats uncomfortable

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Capp35 
#1 ·
Just bought this truck. It has the 6 way power cloth seats that have the folding jump seat in the middle.
I only have about 4 or 5 hours in the trucks driver seat, but the bottom cushion feels really uncomfortable. It feels like the back of my butt sinks in a hole and maybe I feel the supports underneath.
I am 6'1" and 210lbs.
Maybe it just needs to break in?

Any one else have this problem?
Fixes?

#3 ·
It feels like I sink more in the rear than I should. All my weight is on my tailbone area.
On my Dodge I had the same issue and they doubled the springs in the rear of the seat. I notice this Ford doesn't use springs (or so it looks), but the support is spring steel itself.
I am guessing because of my height/weight?

Maybe they can double the spring supports?

Loved my Tundra cloth seats I just traded in. :(

#4 ·
So no one else has experienced this?

#6 ·
I had an issue with a new chev truck back in 1995 where GM used a bad batch of foam. Our company bought 3 identical trucks and all 3 had the same issue. Within a very short period of time, we were riding on the springs. They replaced the foam under warranty.

#7 ·
I may try getting them to replace the foam.
I will also sit on another show room model, to see if there is a difference.

If not, I will try more foam or figure out a way to strengthen or add more spring support.

#8 ·
Fixed my issue.
I noticed that when there is not any weight on the seat, the bottom foam is barely (if at all in certain spots) touching the springs. I had some left over thick shag carpet left over from my house install. I cut a piece matching the space under the seat and weaved it through the springs. I was able to put the carpet between the springs and foam.
Now I don't feel that dip in the back of the seat.
I thought it strange that there are only springs in the back half of the seat compared to my last two trucks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.