The Diesel Stop banner

Exhaust smoke in cab

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Johncianch3 
#1 ·
I recently posted I was smelling exhaust fumes in my cab at auto start warmup. I depressed the re circulation button and the smell does not enter the cab. Is there a setting at auto start that will allow this re circulation button to stay on? Also yesterday for the first time I noticed a large amount of white smoke from my tailpipe for the first five minutes of driving and then it stopped. I use archoil 6200 fuel additive. It has never happened before even in the coldest weather. Is it a problem or normal. I've never seen white exhaust since I bought the truck new. It is a 2015 with 10,000 miles. Can anyone help. Thanks.

#3 ·
It's my first diesel I just wanted to avoid taking it to a dealer and waiting forever to get it back. I live in queens ny and we have 5 billion people here who own fords. If it's something I can fix I'll do it. Just wanted people's input. Dealer is my last option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.