The Diesel Stop banner

Intermittent Wiper Problem

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ford_doctor 
#1 ·
Greetings, Friends!
Recently while on a trip in my '13 PSD dually I discovered an intermittent problem with the windshield wiper control. It was raining lightly the whole trip so I used various speeds of "intermittent" on the wiper speed control. When the drizzle stopped I would turn the wipers off & the wipers would continue swiping every 22 seconds. My wife said that her '09 Escape would swipe one more time after the wipers were turned off just to ensure that the windshield was clear. My truck never did this & I would sometimes do this manually.
The problem is that the wipers would continue to swipe every 22 seconds with the switch turned off. The only way to get them to stop is to turn the wipers back on to a constant speed (either low or high, but not any intermittent speed). Of course, the problem would occur again the next time I used an intermittent (mist) setting.
The problem is that it won't do this every single time & I'm afraid that the service tech will just tell me that the problem can't be duplicated.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has this happened to anyone else. Does anyone know the fix? The truck is still under warranty.
Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Just went through this scenario and the switch had to be replaced.

#3 ·
There are several threads on this. The multifunction switches are a pattern failure on 2011-2013 trucks. Have the switch replaced

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.