The Diesel Stop banner

Securicode door pillar help

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  7.3DJ 
#1 ·
Ok this is concerning a 2011 Ford product BUT the question and components are the same Im asking on here because YOU ALL are far more mechanically inclined than the other forum I was asking on.

Here goes: The subject is a 2011 Flex. The seccuricode (door pillar) is broken and I have the new part. Question: Do I need to take it into the dealer to have it programmed? Do they actually program it? It seems to me that part is just a simple keyboard and the SMARTS for it would A)be inthe door or B) under the hood. Thank you for your time with this.

I have searched high and low on the appropriate forum and CANNOT find $#%T Nor canI find anything on theinternet to support my hypothosis

Thank you for your time with this headache

#2 ·
It is the same as programming a door luck/unlock fob. The following is from Ford.

Type B - Programming and

19. Make sure that you have all of the fobs and RF keypads for this vehicle. RF Keypad, IKT and fobs.

20. Unlock the vehicle with programmed key fob.

21. Put a key in the ignition.

22. Turn the key from the OFF position to RUN (not START) position eight times within 10 seconds with the eighth turn ending in the RUN position. The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm the vehicle is in programming mode.

NOTE:
On some IKT keys, the door locks will not activate.

23. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press any button on fob 1, if equipped. The
doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the fob has been programmed.

24. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press any button on fob 2, if equipped. The
doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the fob has been programmed.

25. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the RF keypad 1.

The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the RF keypad has been programmed. Repeat this step if more than one RF keypad is used.

26. After all remote entry transmitters have been programmed, turn the ignition to the OFF position. The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the vehicle has exited programming mode.

27. Test all remote entry transmitters for proper operation, perform a lock/unlock cycle on all remote entry transmitters.

28. If the remote entry transmitters do not program properly repeat the "Type B- Programming and Installation" procedure. The Driver's door may need to be opened and closed to reset the system.

#4 ·
This procedure works on my 2015 when I added the keypad to the passenger door. Also works when I added the old style key fobs to unlock the truck.

#5 ·
Here is a UPDATE for all of you out there in internet land

I plugged the "Securicode panel" in and there was NO reason for a code or process to get it to work.

You just "Plug and Play"

Thank you all for your time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.