The Diesel Stop banner

TPMS

4K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  clev 
#1 ·
After setting the parameters on the TPMS, is there any way to access the system to moniter/check tire pressure while traveling? Does any after market company make a small dash moniter that will marry with the system?

#2 ·
You can use a Android App called Torque Pro with a bluetooth OBD adapter. Cost less then $30.

#3 ·
link please

#4 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Thanks, MP. From my searches, the Torque Pro only works with Android, not ios for my Apple iPhone 6S Plus. Also, I clicked on each provided link and saw nothing about Tire Pressure. Did I miss it?

#6 · (Edited)
Short story is that Apple doesn't play nice with the bluetooth with the ELM chip. The Developer is trying his best to get registered with Apple.

There are a lot of other Apps I just started with Torque Pro and stuck with it. The link below shows the PID information for tire pressure so that is half the battle. Another way is to buy an old android phone or tablet that someone has no interest in using because they upgraded. My nephew bought on, online for $10.

Torque Pro Ford 6.7L Extended PIDs - Page 35 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Bottom pic shows tire pressure
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1322804-torque-pro-ford-6-7l-extended-pids-40.html#post15768019

#7 ·
there are some wifi OBDII listings on eBay. Seems like Blwnsmoke uses wifi for his connection.

obdii wifi | eBay

#8 ·
I believe that this is getting above my level of expertise.

#10 ·
I believe that we can make it painless for you. Just have to know which way you want to go. There are App that work on Apple Products, I just don't use them. Blnsmoke is using Forscan that is made for just Fords so it is better in s way that Torque Pro needs more consumer input.

#9 ·
#11 ·
First, I have the Edge Evolution CTS plugged into the OBD. I have heard that there are adapters that allow me to stack, so I'll have to search that. Second, I use my phone to stream music and videos, check email, as well as checking Gas Buddy and maps and traffic, all if which use 4G/LTE. If I connect to the wifi dongle, will that not cut out my internet connection?

#12 ·
Clev: I see now, LOL. A lot of risk.

The Edge really puts a wrench into it. The OBD connection should work. All the modules are connected in parallel. Maybe contact Edge and see if they are providing the tire pressure PIDs in a upgrade.

The Torque Pro developer also has a pluging called Torque OBD Repeater that allows you to share one OBD bluetooth connection, but the Edge is hard wired. I don't use the repeater but my android will player music and the phone will work while Torque Pro is running.

#13 · (Edited)
Normally, when on the road, you are not using WIFI to connect to internet for Gas Buddy, maps, etc. Those would be via your data and the "phone signal" for internet access. I believe there would not be a problem as most times you would exit the running app before you opened the next app. You would close the TP app and open the Maps or another app.

I have used a "Y" cable to run the CTS and the OBDII bluetooth dongle when I was trying to use the TP app. There were two problems I ran into with the "Y" cable setup.

1) With the CTS plugged into the OBDII port, the Vehicle Health Report will not run. You would have to disconnect the CTS and do a key cycle (restart truck) to run report. One run, you could then plug the CTS back in even with the truck running. Can not remember if the bluetooth dongle by itself will cause this problem or not.

2) With the CTS and bluetooth dongle, when I accessed the TP app on phone, the CTS would stop responding. The TP app worked ok even if the CTS stopped updating. Once you exited the TP app, you would need to change screens or do something to with the CTS to restart the updating of the data on the CTS.

Would a WIFI dongle cause these problems? Not sure. Maybe someone one can answer that question who uses WIFI for their app to monitor the truck via the app.

#14 ·
This is getting way to complicated just to monitor tire pressure. My iPhone will either run wifi or 4G, not both at the same time, and I'm not going to switch back and forth while driving down the highway with a 36 ft, 10,000 pound trailer in tow. And, I contacted Edge Tech Spt this morning and they have no pid's for tire pressure. I have the screw on sensors from TST on my trailer with the monitor mounted on the top edge of my Edge. I will probably just buy 4 more sensors and screw them on the valve stems of the truck. Problem solved.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.