Ziebart....Worth it? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up General Questions

'11-Up General Questions General questions related to 2011-Up Super Duty trucks. If it doesn't fit the other categories, post it here. Gas engine discussion that pertains to all models is allowed. Specific gas engine questions should use the Gas Engines forum.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ziebart....Worth it?

Ok Ziebart is offering this package for $999. Is it worth it?

1. Undercoating w/ sound barrier
  2. Rust Proofing - Fogging doors.
  3. Scotch Guard all interior
  4. Clay bar entire truck then seal paint with Diamond Gloss
  5. Glass treatment - Auquapell Rain Repellent
What do you guys think?
IFlyEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

while i would be the first to agree that a car should always be kept clean, preventative maintenance

it is a truck not a ferrari, unless you want to spend $1000 to have that done do it but i personally would save it for a rainy day or use some in the spring to clean the truck after winter.

where do you live?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dak

My Photos: (1)
I gotta agree with thegodf4th3r....

Unless you live and/or work in an area where trucks rust into the ground quickly...

Is there at least an anti-rust gaurantee? Something that I could say, well maybe it could be worth it in the long run?

HOw long do you keep your vehicles?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I did the undercoating and rustproofing on mine (it was around 4-500, but not the other stuff. I did it because I have had more rust issues here in Delaware then I did in Chicago, with my 2 GM cars both suffering from brake line corrosion. (one was 8 years old, one was 11).

You have a 10 year warranty on rust (if non commercial I believe), but you have to go back every year to get it touched up for the warranty to remain effective.

As for the scotchguard, clay bar, etc, I would do that myself. Use Zano or Meguiars systems if you want something like that, and rain-x for the windows (especially if you have a cap)
Old 10-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well the dealer offered me full paint protection, rust proofing, and undercoating for $500. I will do it for that. Wasn't keen on $1000 but $500 isn't much. They showed me a couple recent lease returns, one WITH paint protection and one that didn't, and you can really tell a difference in finish.
IFlyEm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
VTX

I'm getting mine rustproofed, but we use lots of salt here in WI in the winter, so vehicles rust to the ground pretty fast if they aren't protected. It's worth it IMO.
VTX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)

I'd definitely get the undercoating and the rustproofing. It's a lot easier to do it now when the truck is new rather then having to sand down and re-coat the truck in 10 years.
1992 Dodge W250 -
Blue/Silver ~ LE ~ 4x4 ~ Auto ~ 5.9 Cummins
WH401 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 03:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

FWIW, I had my truck ziebarted a couple of weeks after I received it, and I'm glad I did, if for no other reason than the peace of mind that I didn't have to worry about rust on the frame or in the doors. I only took it back once (in 11 years) to have it 'touched up'. After it was a couple of years old, the closest ziebart installer went belly up, and it wasn't worth trying to find another dealer close by to take over the annual pm.
I also got it ziebarted for the small noise abatement that it provided. At the time, I think I only spent $350 to have it done, and they came and got the truck from my workplace, did the ziebart, and then returned it. I knew exactly how many miles from point a to point b, and the mileage on the odometer was exactly what it should've been.
Of course, all of this was 11 years ago. Today's trucks are much quieter. But, in a road salt enviroment, I would seriously consider having it done.

my .02 cents worth

short_stuff
Y2K F250 CC PSD Auto, Short-bed Lariat, Woodland Green/Gold, ordered 07/10/99, born 09/12/99, delivered 10/08/99, RollX bed cover, Bed mat, Zoodad mod, Viper Remote Start Alarm, Fumoto valve, undercoated, 131k somewhat error-free miles (so far) [never back to dealer for anything] , Edge Evolution (testing 60 HP setting), Pioneer DVD/CD/iPod/XM satellite

Repairs: CPS, Water Separator Valve assembly, rear axle bearings, VSS, batteries, brakes, alternator, serpentine belt (x2), all 4 power lock actuators, water pump, air conditioning lines

2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 l turbo 200 hp gas engine (TDI engine not available for it yet)
short_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Dak

My Photos: (1)
I guess not having to deal with road salt or snow changes your perspective...
Old 10-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (29)
Glad I live in Phoenix AZ.

2002 F250 CC, 4X4 - Sold
2004 F350 CC, FX4, loaded - Sold
2006 F350 CC, DRW, FX4 - Sold
lincster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 2011 and Up Ford Super Duties > '11-Up General Questions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.