The Diesel Stop banner

360 Camera system, anyone get them yet?

5K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  sbportech 
#1 ·
Hello, I have owned three SD's over the years and in may decided to order a new '17. I put my deposit down the first day the order guides came out. So I still do not have my truck and Ford is saying that it will be the end of December, the reason the dealer has given is that the 360 camera system is in short supply and that is holding up production. I received a vin in August and at that time was told the truck would be here the last week of September, this week. My question has anyone received a long bed CC with the 360 camera system? If so when did you order and when did you get your truck?
The dealer has been good, offered me a truck to use if I need, but still a hassle and its a f-150 most of the time. I have been offered a truck sooner if I drop the cameras, but I don't want to do that, seems stupid to spend $70k and not get what I want and originally ordered.
Thanks again for any help.
Jeff

#2 ·
Wow, glad I didn't order the camera system. I really wanted it because it's amazing but the package is too pricey for my blood. Had to pass. Now I'm not regretting that decision so much.
Good luck, I hope you get your truck soon, that's a long time to wait.

#3 ·
I wholeheartedly agree with you SB. Stupid to spend this kinda money and not get what you want. Sorry your truck isn't here yet. But it will come. Maybe there is wiggle in the price now that Ford is making you wait for this extended time period. Coincidentally,. I have not seen any 2017s above XLT package on the lots in my area.

#6 ·
I have seen a few at other dealers also, however no long bed crew cab trucks. Starting to think it may be a combo of a few things I ordered. I ordered no carpet and adaptive cruse. Also a small dealer so that may not help. The good thing is rebates will more than likely go up. Also I have a big project right now so I can beat up the old rental trucks and not my new one.
To the post about the 10-10 build I will be interested to hear when your truck is delervired.

#7 ·
I drove a CC Long bed White platinum with the 360 degree camera package at a dealer in Wilmington DE about 2 weeks ago. it was an in stock unit on the lot. It's the only long bed I've seen. I ordered a long bed CC King ranch in blue jeans in mid August with the tow tech package, ultimate package, adaptive cruise, trailer tire pressure monitoring and camera, tough bed spray in liner, FX4 package etc. I am hoping to get it in by mid November but we shall see.

I wanted to find an in stock King Ranch to check out the interior and I had to drive 90 minutes up into MA (I live in CT) to find the only one I've seen on the east coast. I drive a lot for work from CT to VA so I was checking dealer stock all over to find a KR to check out.

Def not a lot of the higher optioned models on dealer lots yet.

Hopefully your's comes in before the end of the year.

#8 ·
I think that Ford is trying to get trucks on the lots and then fill sold ordered, don't know why but the dealer that I am getting my truck from said that they have seen more of there not sold trucks get built than ordered trucks. I also think that the auto industry is expecting a slow down in Q4 so they want to have god for sure sales in the last part of the quarter. Anyways I will just wait and hope my truck is here before the end of the year. WP I like the blue but I have had too many blue trucks so this time I am getting a Ruby Red truck. Got most everything but no chrome, no 20's and no adaptive steering, not a fan.
-Jeff

#9 ·
My truck with the 360 deg camera package was ordered on August 13th and came in October 24th. I got a CCLB and being able to put the forward camera and 360deg view up on the display when parking or moving around in tight places is awesome. It works great backing up too.

#10 ·
Does this system work when driving down the road? I don't think so, but hoping it does.

#12 ·
Like anything involving technology/software, "where there's a will, there's a way". The last time I knew it was called Ford Lock Pick. It was a module with a harness that worked around the stock software. The modified software over rides the stock software so the camera still works even when you're above a speed or driving forward versus in reverse. If you google Ford lock pick you should find it.

#13 ·
They don't have the LockPick that will work with the new Sync3 system yet, and they may not, according to the reply I got when I asked the distributor.

#14 ·
I've seen (and driven) a long bed KR 4x4 with Tow Tech here in Dallas. I'm about to order.

I have yet to see Adaptive Cruise "in the wild". I've been told Tow Tech package (with 360 Camera) is a 14 week order at this point, haven't gotten an answer on Adaptive Cruise.

#17 ·
When did you order, if you don't mind me asking? That's what I'm about to drop an order on and I want an idea of wait time.

#16 ·
the truck is still not here although dealer and for say it should be here in a few weeks. I am looking forward to the truck showing up and will try and post pictures when it gets here. Adaptive cruse, I have seen in it in one truck now and i have to say it is ok, not great compared to Tesla and Mercedes systems, however I guess I need to remember this is a truck not a luxury car. I will be interested to see how it works with a load in traffic and on the 2 lane road I drive to and from work, which I can set and forget with the Tesla. Kinda off topic, has anyone bought a 3" hitch yet? I know with my '15 the hitch pin would start to bend with a heavy load and the adapter form2.5" to 2", thinking that will be even worse with the 3" to 2" adapters in place. I will post pics as soon as it shows and I can get down and take delivery of the truck.

#18 ·
Hopefully time line is getting better - but my story will scare you. Ordered aprox April 17th (what ever day order banks first opened), truck was finally done being built 10/25, now its buried in a lot waiting to be shipped. Rail shortage with no estimated ship date. And worse part is my dealer said longer it goes on the longer older trucks get buried. You'd think it would be first built, first ship. Nope, theres only one gate both in and out of the lot! Hoping to hear any day now that it was sent, but even then at best I am another 2 weeks out.

#19 ·
Got a call from the dealer and truck is on the lot. Hopefully I can pick it up Saturday. Went and drove yesterday, can't wait to take it home. Just for reference I ordered early in May and the truck was ordered 5/10 by dealer. I had been told end of December at one point.

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.