The Diesel Stop banner

What do you like about 2017 SuperDuty

7K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Sportscraft 
#1 ·
I like the door handles. Working outside on slopes, in wind, in mud, or otherwise, I like having a handle on the door to hang on to. Handles are good to keep my balance. And they're good to keep a grip on the door so it doesn't fly open or forcefully slam shut.

#2 ·
Cons ----- New dually fender design ABSOLUTELY sucks big time. Still no locking fuel door or caps. I heard they were raising dually bed height and that would be a terrible thing. Price.

Pros ----- Larger fuel capacity options. Larger cab room. Bigger towing numbers.

#3 ·
Fuel options and towing x2 Don't like the looks at all. As I said on another thread .....if I wanted an F-150 looking truck,Id buy an F-150 JMHO

#4 · (Edited)
Dually fenders are better. Still like the 99-10 but these are a nice change from from the "bubble" flares. Like the looks of the cab and supposedly extra length, but haven't actually sat in one (or the new 150) to see if there really is a difference. I like that it's a bit taller, my dually is an inch or so low but don't want to mess with changing blocks and getting it out of factory specs. Seen in in person and the thing just looks like a beast - in a good way! Only thing I'm not sure of is the light blue led that lights up around the headlight. I like a little more subtly glow. Also wish they would have left the mirror corners squared off like current.

Oh, and hate the fact I can't already buy one!

#5 ·
I wasn't too sure about the new dually fenders. But, after giving them time to grow on me, they have. Me thinks I like the new look.

Also, the new design might just be sturdier. The "bubble" style of the current generation probably is not as stiff as the new design. From an engineering side the new style, with its squared section, is probably more rigid.

#7 ·
'Anybody got some pics? 'Care to post?
Thanks.

#9 ·
Here you go:

#8 ·
Some good info there, but I believe it's actually going to hit late 3rd quarter. At least that's what my fleet guys saying well realistically see them.

As far as ordering, can anyone confirm if inventory (stock) orders ship first? I was told that usually was a case and he could order mine that way to get it quicker (instead of an ordered unit) but then I wouldn't have price protection.

#12 ·
As far as ordering, can anyone confirm if inventory (stock) orders ship first? I was told that usually was a case and he could order mine that way to get it quicker (instead of an ordered unit) but then I wouldn't have price protection.
First, DO NOT buy a stock order. Stock orders are built first and built only until they have had 5 days of builds without an issue. If they find an issue, the 5 day rule starts all over again. So if they find an issue on day 4, the 5 day starts over again which means 9 days worth of trucks built first for stock.

The problem with this is that once they find the issue and work in a fix, all the trucks built have to be either be fixed outside the assembly plant or rerun through the plant to have fixed.

Customer orders only begin to be built after the 5 day rule has been completed.

This is HUGE when it comes to not only a new model year but a all new redesign. DO NOT buy a stock order..

Second, rebates are going to be very minimal so there is no reason to be concerned about price protection either way. You will most likely see a $500-$1,000 rebate and that's all.. no real reason to be concerned about it getting worse because at $500-$1,000, it really won't get lower. The true invoice is always locked in once the order is placed (dealer receives DORA the next day and price is locked) either way so the only thing you are gambling on are the rebates (again, minimal).

#17 ·
I was next to a 2017 yesterday at the rodeo, and call me crazy...but i think they're even taller than the current 2016s. The rep there said the frame was about an inch and a half taller, so that might be some of the reason. If these things are taller, thats a big no no by Ford IMO. The current ones BARELY clear standard garage height. Anything taller and folks won't be able to park their $70k+ truck in the garage...I don't think so!

Can anyone confirm/deny this? I know the specs will be released shortly, but I'm very curious.

#18 ·
They definitely seem taller but seems like they always seem taller in the show room. But I too read frame was taller and do think there supposed to be a bit higher. I had my house built with an 8' garage so it wouldn't be such a tight fit, but length has always kept me from parking indoors so best I hope for is pulling the can in to clean it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.