99 F350 SD 4x4 - MANUAL FRONT HUB REMOVAL... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Gas Engines

1999-2007 Gas Engines Discussion of the gas engines available in the 1999-2007 Super Duty trucks

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 F350 SD 4x4 - MANUAL FRONT HUB REMOVAL...

99 Ford F350 4x4 with Manual front hubs. I am trying to get the front hubs off my truck to greese them (very hard to turn) and I can't seam to get them off. Wanted to see if there was a trick or somting.

The Chiltons manual I have says to remove the tire...front caliper & disk... then the clip retaining the hubs and then it shows thehub just poping out.

I did above and can't seam to get the hub off (don't see why though, do you really need to remove the wheel and all?). remove the retaining clip and pull on the hub and it won't budge...

Thanks for any help!

Chris
cmb1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

If your talking about the 4x4 locking hub all you have to do is take off the center cap and then take the snap ring out and the hub will slide right out.
1999 F-250 5.4 gasser, lariat, 4x4 offroad, ext cab.True duals with magnaflow X muffler, 2.5" leveling kit,K&N intake, poweraid throttlebody spacer, procomp es3000 shock absorbers, 33"nitto terragrapplers, line-x bedliner, Front and rear ranchhand bumpers. 10mpg and the slowest truck in town but its still a badass
matthassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (14)
Send a message via AIM to edub32
mine were a pita to pull out so i just took a rubber mallet to them to loosen them up.
- DP Tuner, Tymar intake, 35" BFG Mudders on 16x10 Mickey T's, Superlift 6" lift, DiPricol 3 gauge Pillar, 4" SS DP to 5" sidepipe to 6" Chrome tip, WW, Panasonic Deck with 4xInfinity References, Overboost Elim., CCV
edub32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthassey View Post
If your talking about the 4x4 locking hub all you have to do is take off the center cap and then take the snap ring out and the hub will slide right out.
Thats what I am talking about...but neither of mine want to come off. So long as I am not going to break anything I might give it a little more muscle.

Thanks for the help.

Chris
cmb1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

I had one that didnt want to come out and me and my buddy grabbed the edges with channel locks and pulled them right out
1999 F-250 5.4 gasser, lariat, 4x4 offroad, ext cab.True duals with magnaflow X muffler, 2.5" leveling kit,K&N intake, poweraid throttlebody spacer, procomp es3000 shock absorbers, 33"nitto terragrapplers, line-x bedliner, Front and rear ranchhand bumpers. 10mpg and the slowest truck in town but its still a badass
matthassey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 1999-2007 Gas Engines

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.