6.0 powerstroke upgrades - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 powerstroke upgrades

I have been searching the site for ideas about power upgrades for the 6.0 powerstroke. I find alot of stuff talking about Edge and T.S. but I can only find stuff for the 7.3L on the T.S. site.I was thinking about the Banks kit for the 6.0L but from what I have read on this site it sucks. This is the Banks kit I was thinking about getting. Six-Gun Kit But for $1900 i am sure there are better and cheaper routes to go.

I plan on getting a excursion with the 6.0L in it for towing. I will be towing a 2 and 4 horse trailer with it. I will be towing between 2k and 6k with this rig. I with 2 kids and a dog I need the room of the third row seat in the excursion.

Can anyone give me link and advice of good mods to do to the 6.0L. I would like to get about 300hp and 550lbs+ if I can.

Thanks for the help.
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: 6.0 powerstroke upgrades

AQHACowboy,

If you're only towing 6K and you have any concern about your warranty, don't bother with any upgrades. Most 6.0s dyno at about 280HP stock. So I don't think it's wise to risk your warranty just for an extra 20HP.

If you don't care about your warranty and want more than an extra 20HP, then you'll want a new exhaust and intake. Then you'll need guages to keep an eye on things (tranny, exhaust, & turbo). Now your ready for some serious extra power.

Last but not least you'll want a programmer or module for the added power. Try innovativediesel.com for a programmer, and edgeproducts.com or quadzillapower.com for a module. Whether you choose a programmer or a tuner is kind of a personal preference. Just stay at or below a 100HP increase and you should be fine.

Brian
2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood tuned SCT, AFE Proguard7, STC Performance 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Bedrug, Snugtop, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

SOLD - Stroked Lightning - 2004 F250 6.0 Reg Cab Shortbed (longbed frame shortened 16"), Lowered 3"/5", 22" wheels, SCT tuned by John Woods, John Woods built 5R110, straight pipe with exit in bed, custom 4 link rear end, custom injectors by Full Force Diesel, Nitrous, Spearco IC, custom built 76mm turbo by Turbonetics, fuel system, batteries relocated to bed. All work done by Gene (weweld), driven by Gene.
Brian_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 10:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was thinking about getting the Edge Juice and there Attitude in-cab controller. Do I need a programmer with this combo?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about getting the Edge Juice and there Attitude in-cab controller. Do I need a programmer with this combo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you use common sense............... Some are using the SCT to control the tranny with the Juice/Attitude combo and having good success. The Juice/Attitude has been attributed to several tranny failures, but unless you are running a lift/oversized tires or racing or towing over the manufacturers GCWR, doing WOT takeoffs and dusting ricers, that combo will work just fine too.......... Bottom line is, it is totally up to the nut behind the wheel (you).
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2005, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you get the Edge with Attitude monitor you need to stay at level 3 at most. If you go above level 3 you will need the SCT programmer to make the tranny shift properly and not destroy itself. The SCT progammer will raise the line pressure so the clutches will hold. Without it your clutches will slip causing them to burn and warp.

Brian
2004 F250 SC Shortbed 6.0 (03 Engine) Auto 4X2 Lariat, John Wood tuned SCT, AFE Proguard7, STC Performance 4" Turbo back exhaust with cat, Bedrug, Snugtop, Boze Fatal Eight 20x10 Wheels, Toyo Proxes ST 305/50-20 Tires

SOLD - Stroked Lightning - 2004 F250 6.0 Reg Cab Shortbed (longbed frame shortened 16"), Lowered 3"/5", 22" wheels, SCT tuned by John Woods, John Woods built 5R110, straight pipe with exit in bed, custom 4 link rear end, custom injectors by Full Force Diesel, Nitrous, Spearco IC, custom built 76mm turbo by Turbonetics, fuel system, batteries relocated to bed. All work done by Gene (weweld), driven by Gene.
Brian_C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2005, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

my 6.0 X pulls my 10,000 lb trailer fine while stock(65-70 mph up 6% grades)...i'm putting other stuff on cause i can...the third row seat is great...
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.