The Diesel Stop banner

6.0 powerstroke upgrades

12K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  william_04_X 
#1 ·
I have been searching the site for ideas about power upgrades for the 6.0 powerstroke. I find alot of stuff talking about Edge and T.S. but I can only find stuff for the 7.3L on the T.S. site.I was thinking about the Banks kit for the 6.0L but from what I have read on this site it sucks. This is the Banks kit I was thinking about getting. Six-Gun Kit But for $1900 i am sure there are better and cheaper routes to go.

I plan on getting a excursion with the 6.0L in it for towing. I will be towing a 2 and 4 horse trailer with it. I will be towing between 2k and 6k with this rig. I with 2 kids and a dog I need the room of the third row seat in the excursion.

Can anyone give me link and advice of good mods to do to the 6.0L. I would like to get about 300hp and 550lbs+ if I can.

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
AQHACowboy,

If you're only towing 6K and you have any concern about your warranty, don't bother with any upgrades. Most 6.0s dyno at about 280HP stock. So I don't think it's wise to risk your warranty just for an extra 20HP.

If you don't care about your warranty and want more than an extra 20HP, then you'll want a new exhaust and intake. Then you'll need guages to keep an eye on things (tranny, exhaust, & turbo). Now your ready for some serious extra power.

Last but not least you'll want a programmer or module for the added power. Try innovativediesel.com for a programmer, and edgeproducts.com or quadzillapower.com for a module. Whether you choose a programmer or a tuner is kind of a personal preference. Just stay at or below a 100HP increase and you should be fine.

Brian

#4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about getting the Edge Juice and there Attitude in-cab controller. Do I need a programmer with this combo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you use common sense............... Some are using the SCT to control the tranny with the Juice/Attitude combo and having good success. The Juice/Attitude has been attributed to several tranny failures, but unless you are running a lift/oversized tires or racing or towing over the manufacturers GCWR, doing WOT takeoffs and dusting ricers, that combo will work just fine too.......... Bottom line is, it is totally up to the nut behind the wheel (you).

#5 ·
If you get the Edge with Attitude monitor you need to stay at level 3 at most. If you go above level 3 you will need the SCT programmer to make the tranny shift properly and not destroy itself. The SCT progammer will raise the line pressure so the clutches will hold. Without it your clutches will slip causing them to burn and warp.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.