Auto ingenuity or Edge insight ? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auto ingenuity or Edge insight ?

100 grand on my baby and want to work on it myself, think i have an injector going and would like to monitor better , no gauges yet , no mods except for air intake Which one ? Larry
'04 6.0 F-350 Red, Lariat, CC SB 4x4,power roof & rear slider,K&N ,new 33-12.50-18 nitto MUDs on rockstars wheels , 08 alum. diff cover, SnoPatrol package, Sinister EGR delete , one piece driveshaft, dynatrac free spin kit
ttmech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Intake ..best $$ can get is the stock one with the stock filter, get rid of thet K&N, stocker is good to 500HP

Get a SCT..with custom tunes.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Sorry, the question is regarding the scan/monitor tool
'04 6.0 F-350 Red, Lariat, CC SB 4x4,power roof & rear slider,K&N ,new 33-12.50-18 nitto MUDs on rockstars wheels , 08 alum. diff cover, SnoPatrol package, Sinister EGR delete , one piece driveshaft, dynatrac free spin kit
ttmech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (178)
If you're looking for diagnostics, AutoEnginuity is the way to go IMO. The Edge Insight will monitor some parameters, but with AE, you can record up to the capacity of the hard drive on your laptop. I've recorded runs of 5 miles to get a handle on issues. AE will do nearly everything that Ford's scan tools will do, except the contribution test on the 6.0L that Ford won't let out.

If you're looking mainly for a gauge package, with some diagnostics ability, then maybe the Insight would be a better value.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 05:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by klhansen View Post
If you're looking for diagnostics, AutoEnginuity is the way to go IMO. The Edge Insight will monitor some parameters, but with AE, you can record up to the capacity of the hard drive on your laptop. I've recorded runs of 5 miles to get a handle on issues. AE will do nearly everything that Ford's scan tools will do, except the contribution test on the 6.0L that Ford won't let out.

If you're looking mainly for a gauge package, with some diagnostics ability, then maybe the Insight would be a better value.

I agree with Kevin.
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

I ordered the AE from Clay @ Riffraff. Hooked it up for the first time the other day. There is so much information you can obtain. I was extremely amazed at all the sensors available. Shoot, you can even monitor when your brake pedal is pushed.
If you are going to use it to troubleshoot problems then get the AE. If you just want an all in one gauge to constantly monitor egt, oil temp, etc... then get the edge. The downside to the AE is that you have to have your laptop hooked up to it and you don't want to power it from your truck (something about a ground loop). So, you better have a good battery in your laptop if you plan on driving with it.
1994.5 F250 SC 5spd 4x4 IDM and ICP mod
bondsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lubbockguy1979
might also look into the dash daq. the ae is hands down the best scan tool but the dashdaq can read alot more stuff than the edge and read more trouble codes as well. and still be a good set of gauges
auto, electric tcase
soon to have isspro
fire/air/trans/fuel
stock suspension and
pretty much everything
else
lubbockguy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Bondsman,

Scratch all that, i just found the site.

Last edited by lightningfast2; 03-15-2010 at 03:16 PM.
lightningfast2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

ITP Diesel is a site vendor that sells them. I don't know if they offer free shipping though. Same price as Riffraff diesel (but they have free shipping). You need the Ford Enhanced bundle. Just shy of $360..
1994.5 F250 SC 5spd 4x4 IDM and ICP mod
bondsman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Thank you sir. Can you still do the free updates for the first year from AE if purchasing from say ITP or RiffRaff?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (178)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningfast2 View Post
Thank you sir. Can you still do the free updates for the first year from AE if purchasing from say ITP or RiffRaff?
Yes, the updates are downloaded directly from AE. When you first get it, you need to get an activation code from them to get the Ford Enhanced part to work. They'll then have you on their database. I think the seller may also report user info to AE as well.
99.5 F250 PSD Supercab LB 4x4, ZF-6 w/SB Con OFE, 3.73LS, Boost & pyro gauges, Swamps S175/146 injectors, DP 80 HP Econo PCM (classic version), AIS, coolant filter w/"hokum" bracket, regulated return, heated mirror mod, lighted cupholder, Marinco heater plug-in.

Hard or no-start? Check Here
klhansen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)

Can you manually turn on the cooling fan with AE? Or see if it works correctly?

What can't you do with it? Fuel pressure?
caere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

If you go the dashdaq route, where is the best place to buy from? Does Spartan still do a special Ford 6.0l Custom programmer Dasdaq?
caere is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

My Photos: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caere View Post
Can you manually turn on the cooling fan with AE? Or see if it works correctly?

What can't you do with it? Fuel pressure?
I was interested in this one as well... Can you activate certian control systems manually like Ford can with their IDS System?
5% 3M Tinting
Viper 791XV with Remote Start
152dB Kleinn 3-Trumpet Horn System
Dakota Digital Gauges
T409 MBRP Straight Pipe
AFE Stage II Intake
HARPOONED Fuel Tank
2003 10 Vane Turbocharger
Blacked Out Harley-Davidson Edition Headlamps
ARP Head Studs
AVIC-Z2 In-Dash Navigation System
205cc Elite Sticks
Coolant Filter
Elite Regulated Return Fuel System
FS2500 Oil Filter
HPOP STC Replaced

My Pictures
cmirabile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.