Banks IQ Error Code 34 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Banks IQ Error Code 34

I just completed the installation of my 6 Gun Tuner, Speed Brake and IQ module .. I am getting an Error 34 CAN indicating that I have an ECM or ICM error on the truck .. Since this is the first time I am trying to start the truck since I connected the Banks equipment and the fact that just yesterday the truck ran fine without the Banks equipment .. I can only assume that something is either wrong with the unit or the connections.. Speed Brake 1 solid green ,, Bridge 2 blinking green .. Banks IQ v1.4 ,, Bridge v2.0 .. Tuner 63746 .. Tuner firm v6.0 .. Cal v 1 ... I have owned this unit since October 2010 ,,, just got to install .. any suggestions // Big Hoss Bundle ... Exhaust, Intercooler, RAM Air intake, Tubes, 6 Gun Tuner, Speed Brake and IQ PDA

2006 F350 Superduty, Lariat, 6.0L, TorqShift 5-speed automatic, 4.10 Limited Slip, Line-X, FX4, 4x4, Dually, Supercab, Long Bed, Pullrite 25.5 Super 5th

Last edited by Scoutmaster; 08-18-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Spelling
Scoutmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ritschner
I just checked the Banks manual and here is the recommendation from them.
Turn ignition OFF and check the 4-pin male and female turbo
actuator connectors. Turn ignition back ON and re-check for
presence of code. If code does not re-appear at key ON, start
engine and check for presence of code both at engine idle and
under varying driving conditions.
Try it and see if it helps.
White 06 F350 Lariet CC 2WD DRW Tow Boss, Timbren SES, Bilsteins, Smiths Ultimate Bedliner, RK Tool Box, CondensorGuard, IntakeMod, S&B Intake, SEIC, Banks 4"TB, Accufab, Edge Attitude CS, Blue Spring Mod, Rebuilt FICM, STC and Standpipe update, Harpoon Mod, Coolant Filter, Glove Box Light, Hood Insulator, Rewired Mirror Heat, Seat Heater Indicator.

Last edited by ritschner; 08-18-2012 at 09:27 PM.
ritschner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for the feedback .. unfortunately this is a 6.0L 2006 which does not have the Turbo connectors .. There is only PCM, MAP, Brake Pedal Sensor, Brake Pressure Sensor and Tow/Haul interrupt connectors ... in addition there is a +12v power tap

2006 F350 Superduty, Lariat, 6.0L, TorqShift 5-speed automatic, 4.10 Limited Slip, Line-X, FX4, 4x4, Dually, Supercab, Long Bed, Pullrite 25.5 Super 5th
Scoutmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ritschner
I think I would check to make sure none of the pins are bent on the PCM. It is a fairly tight fit and it is easy to bend one when plugging in to the PCM. ALso, does the Banks unit plug in to both the engine and trans connection at the PCM? if so make sure they are not reversed. The trans connection is the middle and the engine is the back connection. The other question is, has the truck been flashed since you bought the Banks? If so you may need to update the Banks unit.
White 06 F350 Lariet CC 2WD DRW Tow Boss, Timbren SES, Bilsteins, Smiths Ultimate Bedliner, RK Tool Box, CondensorGuard, IntakeMod, S&B Intake, SEIC, Banks 4"TB, Accufab, Edge Attitude CS, Blue Spring Mod, Rebuilt FICM, STC and Standpipe update, Harpoon Mod, Coolant Filter, Glove Box Light, Hood Insulator, Rewired Mirror Heat, Seat Heater Indicator.
ritschner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

I talked to banks just last week about my v2.0 IQ. It was acting crazy. If you downloaded the software (Banks downloader on your desktop) over 8 months ago, they are saying to uninstall it. Go to the website, download it and then reupdate the IQ, bridge, and tuner software. The old downloader was causing the downloads to be corrupted and links and other software to go bad. Check your hardware, do the software fixes, thend if it is still a problem, call banks, even if you didn't buy it from them directly, they will still try to help resolve the issue. I have never had a problems with them.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.