The Diesel Stop banner

Billet compressor wheels for stock GT3782VA turbo

21K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  TKOPerformance 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not much for info on the site as to what kind of power gains will be seen. Would you expect to see more airflow, quicker spool or what??? I understand a billet wheel is better but worth the $200?

#3 ·
I talked to them today. I was told there isn't any real data they can provide. They advise the results should be compared to those found by the 7.3L community. Since the "Wicked Wheel" coming out these are designed along the same lines. Wish I had some real world info, and for $200 it's a tad cheap for the gains.

#4 ·
We'd recommend a Drop-in Garrett Powermax turbo instead...along with proper tuning.

This is a larger direct replacement unit that maintains the VGT system for quick spool up and lower EGTs and more boost.

Give us a call, we'll tell you all about it.

#5 ·
We'd recommend a Drop-in Garrett Powermax turbo instead...along with proper tuning.

This is a larger direct replacement unit that maintains the VGT system for quick spool up and lower EGTs and more boost.

Give us a call, we'll tell you all about it.
Trust me I already know more than I should. I'm running a bit more mods than most.

I have plenty experience running a Pmax. While it is a beast when configured right there are 6.0 owners that want to have more power but want to keep stock tuning. A wheel that has the potential to add 20-30hp on a drop in for $200 is more attractive than spending $1500 for a Pmax and a SCT. After seeing another site quoting a 60HP gain with this wheel alone I figured other owners may want to try this wheel.

Now that 60HP gain was not on a bone stock truck. It was a stock turbo, running larger injectors and tuning.

#6 ·
Would this billet wheel allow for faster spool up and take offs than the stock compressor?

#7 ·
I have since added a billet single plane wheel to my Pamx. My initial findings give me a BSEG!! I'm happy with the low cost upgrade for my Pmax. I'll post more info as I continue to drive.

The stock wheel has shown to add 60HP on a modded truck. If it reacts like my Pmax the drivability of the turbo should be improved.

#10 ·
The single plane wheel for my Pmax is the only way to go for a low cost upgrade. The Pmax for me has always been a good upgrade, adding the wheel makes it that much nicer to drive. Spools nicely!!

#12 ·
Xs website lists it as a 2003-2005 part. The turbos and CHRA are the same for 04.25-07.
Shouldn't this billet wheel work on an 06?

#14 ·
Thanks, I'll do that.
One of my trucks has a turbo I need to overhaul and the new wheel would give me more incentive to get to it.

#18 ·
I had the chance recently to compare the 7x7 d/p to the 11b s/p. Stock turbo and stock stick. My finding is I much prefer the 11 blade.. across the whole rpm range it seemed to flow more air. Turbo fart seemed to be less with the 11b also. I towed with the 7x7 and it did a little better than stock. I have not had the chance to tow with the 11b as of yet..may not get the chance as I have a BTS STG2 in transit...

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.