Edge Tuner Question - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2005, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge Tuner Question

Does the non platinum Edge Tuner cause Transmission problems on lower levels too? I noticed that alot of you guys are always in extreme mode, I tried that once the trans can't handle it for sure, but what about level 3 or 4, can the trans handle it or is that a guaranteed meltdown as well. Thanks for the help
TYEGUY07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Re: Edge Tuner Question

The earlier Edge/Attitude set up can cause problems at level 5 when driven hard). You'll experience gears revving too far, then slamming into the next, and slipping clutch plates after a while. Then shifting from park to drive or reverse will start to be delayed, and sometimes will slam into gear.

Level 3 is probably the highest level you can go with a stock tranny and be ok. I'm not saying it is impossible to do damage, but it is unlikely.

RL

Other rides:

Black 2006 SRT8 300C (Mopar exhaust and CAI)
Black 2008 SRT8 Jeep (Mopar exhaust and CAI)
Black 2008 Mercedes E550 4MATIC

Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/ralphinnj

6L Shootout Report:

http://www.thedieselstop.com/downloa...toutReport.pdf
ralphinnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

call edge and they will give you all the 411. i think edge has something for you to reprogram the trans..
shiftkx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2005, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)

what do you mean 411,and reprogram the tranny?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ritschner

I think he means information (411). Edge makes a transmission only tuner. You might want to call Mark Craig, I understand he has them in stock. Thats what I plan on doing since I also have the Edge/Attitude. DIESEL PERFORMANCE PARTS INC. 1-866-455-7788 www.DIESELPERFORMANCEPARTS.COM
White 06 F350 Lariet CC 2WD DRW Tow Boss, Timbren SES, Bilsteins, Smiths Ultimate Bedliner, RK Tool Box, CondensorGuard, IntakeMod, S&B Intake, SEIC, Banks 4"TB, Accufab, Edge Attitude CS, Blue Spring Mod, Rebuilt FICM, STC and Standpipe update, Harpoon Mod, Coolant Filter, Glove Box Light, Hood Insulator, Rewired Mirror Heat, Seat Heater Indicator.
ritschner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2005, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

[ QUOTE ]
what do you mean 411,and reprogram the tranny?

[/ QUOTE ]

411= "street slang" for info

Edge has the Evolution out with a "Trans Only" tune in it that is made to stack with the older Juice module. I have it and it works really well!!
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2005, 12:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)

Right, but if you have an older Edge or Edge/Attitude, you can damage the tranny or TC. How much is the Evolution upgrade you mentioned?

RL

Other rides:

Black 2006 SRT8 300C (Mopar exhaust and CAI)
Black 2008 SRT8 Jeep (Mopar exhaust and CAI)
Black 2008 Mercedes E550 4MATIC

Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/ralphinnj

6L Shootout Report:

http://www.thedieselstop.com/downloa...toutReport.pdf
ralphinnj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2005, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

411= information.

opps few of you guys already said that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edge for president!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif[/img]
shiftkx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 08:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)

TYEGUY07,

The Edge Juice/Attitude Platinum has all the trans controls that you need to make your tranny live a long life. If you need trans only tunes you need the Edge Evolution programmer, it has HP programs too but you can load the tranny tunes by themselves that allow you to make all kinds of trans adjustments without adding HP to the engine, or you can do both if you want. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Mark Craig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2005, 11:59 AM   #10 (permalink)

I have a Juice Platinum now, but I started with a 6 gun. Banks has a "transmission learning procedure" that says to start out at level one, and then do three runs from 0-60, then one run from 30-60 in top gear so that it will downshift, and then keep increasing the level untill you are at the level you want to keep it on. If you encounter any slippage on the next higher power level you are supposed to go back and do the "procedure" again on the previous power level. I had mine running level 5 with no slippage at all. So it works, but you can't be running around in level 1 and then go to 5 at a light to drag a duramax and expect it to be fine. The torqshift adapts to the increased power and will handle it if the learning procedure is done correctly. I have my Juice running "HOT" level 6, w/ 40" tires and I don't get any slippage. Try doing the procedure and see what happens.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.