EGR delete, Will fan work or not ? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
EGR delete, Will fan work or not ?

Hello all you 6.0 owners. I have a 2003 F 350 6.0 . I have been reading alot of posts/threads on egr delete and this is something I really want to do to my truck because I think it cant be a good thing pumping exhaust back through the engine. The theory behind the delete all makes perfect sense to me and it all seems like positive results in the end except for one thing that I cant get a definite answer out of all the reading that I have been doing, will the coolant fan work after the delete or not. Some say that they just put the egr valve in and plug it up and the valve no longer is functional but they plug it in. Some use the block off plate. I have read the info about how this disables the fan and Im trying to find out how to handle this. I want to do the delete but I want my fan operational also. Thanks for all the valuable info and keep up the good work forever
Superduty_Will is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2011, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have an 04 and did the full egr delete (new up pipe instead of just plates). I have not heard anything about the fan shutting down so maybe some one else can help with that question. I would recommend the egr delete though because it first and most importantly eliminates the egr cooler that is prone to burst, even though 03s and 04s had the better round style cooler (mine did), which prevents coolant into the intake. Secondly the coolant no longer is heated by exhaust gasses and finally no inert gas going into the combustion process. Hope this helps the decision to delete. Fan question though, sorry no help.

Last edited by ars5147; 01-26-2011 at 10:56 PM.
ars5147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks ars5147 , I like the sinister kit with the new up pipe it definetly looks like the way to go. Do you know if your fan is working alright after the delete ? Some people said that they didnt even know that it wasnt working after the fact.
Superduty_Will is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Depending on your strategy you may have to keep the egr valve plugged in under the hood with a full delete but most 03-04's don't need to. My 05 needs the valve plugged in.
Edge Insight
SCT tunes by Quick Tricks
Sinister EGR Delete
6.4 banjo bolts
Ford fuel pressure spring kit
Excursion High Idle Mod
Cat EC-1 coolant and a Sinister coolant filtration kit
Magnaflow Turbo Back with muffler
ARP's
Powermax turbo
Retro-Solution Digital HID
tuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Not sure on what you are talking about with the fan but Ive had no over heating problems and no codes or electrical problems. That isnt supposed to be a problem on 04 and 03 but 05 and up will throw codes without the valve plugged in. I just left my egr valve in. Makes no diff in or out and the plate after the delete. This is the kit i bought

FORD 6.0L 2003-07 EGR DELETE F250 F350 F450 POWERSTROKE - eBay (item 300495522566 end time Dec-01-10 0026 PST)

Ive had no problems with it so far
ars5147 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Never heard that before. Easy to test. Hook up a scanner and command the fan and see what happens.
lenzhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.