The Diesel Stop banner

EGR delete, Will fan work or not ?

10K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ford_doctor 
#1 ·
Hello all you 6.0 owners. I have a 2003 F 350 6.0 . I have been reading alot of posts/threads on egr delete and this is something I really want to do to my truck because I think it cant be a good thing pumping exhaust back through the engine. The theory behind the delete all makes perfect sense to me and it all seems like positive results in the end except for one thing that I cant get a definite answer out of all the reading that I have been doing, will the coolant fan work after the delete or not. Some say that they just put the egr valve in and plug it up and the valve no longer is functional but they plug it in. Some use the block off plate. I have read the info about how this disables the fan and Im trying to find out how to handle this. I want to do the delete but I want my fan operational also. Thanks for all the valuable info and keep up the good work :ford: forever

#2 · (Edited)
I have an 04 and did the full egr delete (new up pipe instead of just plates). I have not heard anything about the fan shutting down so maybe some one else can help with that question. I would recommend the egr delete though because it first and most importantly eliminates the egr cooler that is prone to burst, even though 03s and 04s had the better round style cooler (mine did), which prevents coolant into the intake. Secondly the coolant no longer is heated by exhaust gasses and finally no inert gas going into the combustion process. Hope this helps the decision to delete. Fan question though, sorry no help.

#4 ·
Depending on your strategy you may have to keep the egr valve plugged in under the hood with a full delete but most 03-04's don't need to. My 05 needs the valve plugged in.

#5 ·
#7 ·
The Mechanic I'm working with recommended a Sinister kit with a new oil cooler and coolant filter so that's what I went with. I don't know much about this but if it keeps the problems at Bay it will be worth it. I drive a2003 F250 Supercab 88,000 miles just recently purchased.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.