The Diesel Stop banner

Intake elbow

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Fast Forbes 
#1 ·
To all those running intake elbows, have you seen any benifts or drawbacks, and what kind are you running?

#3 ·
Flows more air, better motor response, maybe 1MPG gain with the tuner/module I'm using, a boost port for a gauge.

It's simple, cheap and works well on base-to-mild trucks.

#4 ·
I see no reason this device should add any measurable performance. There is not enough restriction in the stock air intake piping for this to make a difference. Hate to say it, but anyone seeing better performance is imagining it. I do admit, they look cool.

Ralph

#5 ·
unless there is an aerodynamicist responding, i would venture to say a smoother intake tube will flow better than a stock one.

#6 ·
"Better" is a relative term. I'd say they probably do flow marginally "better" than stock, but not near enough to justify the cost. For looks & an easy tap point for a gauge, maybe.

OMC

#9 ·
I went with a Spearco and couldn't be happier, it fits great, built really strong and dropped my EGT's about 200° when I tow. They use a bar and plate construction which is much stronger and cools better than others that are made from an extruded construction. I know guys that are running the Banks that like thiers as well. I think the Banks is a little more pricey but you do get both tubes and the intake elbow. The Spearco just gives you cold side tube made of polished SS.
I have a new polished Accufab elbow for an 05-07 not being used. PM me if interested.

#11 ·
When you pop the hood of your truck and see the polished intake it makes me smile that alone is worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.